PDA

View Full Version : My window glass pops out when rolling up

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 04:09 AM
OK, I was rolling my window up the other day, and as it was going up, the glass part of the window popped out of the door and it slid forward. I have to hold onto the glass and pull it back towards the back of the door to keep it in line to roll up. I have heard this is a broken window regulator? I was hoping you guys could help me out, cause I figure it is something super easy. I would like to fix it myself, but if its too hard I will have to take it in. Anybody know whats wrong with it?

88LXi/87CRXSi
02-01-2003, 06:10 AM
Most likely thing that happened is that one or more bolts got loosened and fell out. Happened to my friends CRX, one of the bolts that secured the wndow to the track came out. Just gotta take the inner door panel off and look, bolt will probably be laying in the bottom of the door.

-Steve

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Alright I will check that out, so all I gotta do is put the bolt back in and it shouldnt pop out, cause it goes up about 3/4 the way fine, then it pops out of the front of the window frame, and the power window motor wont push it up (not enough power I think) so I gotta grab it, pull it back, and roll it up that way. But I will check the bolt thing appreciate it

Noah

njpeter
02-01-2003, 08:21 AM
the window may have actually seperated from the holder..it's tricky to get it back in correctly...you'll be lucky if it's just the bolt..watch yer fingers in there

89AccordNate
02-01-2003, 04:52 PM
You probably need a new window regulator, its not to hard to put in....

Nate.

MrBen
02-01-2003, 05:04 PM
If you don't want it to loosen up again paint the bolt threads with nail polish. Black of course.