PDA

View Full Version : bushing kit

wickedaccord
02-01-2003, 02:44 PM
anyone know of any suspension company that makes a complete bushing kit for the 89 accord?? if so, please post websites or give the company name and part number. unfortunately i tore all my bushing's in the front and need newer stronger ones. seems energy suspension doesnt make it nor does prothane. i would really appreciate the help. thanks

:bow: jon

1987HondaAccord
02-01-2003, 09:31 PM
what exactly do bushing kits do? do they stiffen up the steering response? or just stiffen the suspension in general?

thanks for all your help

wickedaccord
02-02-2003, 10:36 AM
they stiffin up the chassis for body roll. it also helps ur launch

MoonScryer
02-02-2003, 11:31 AM
There is no one. Replace w/ OEM, and stop launching so hard :P

dXsquared
02-02-2003, 12:03 PM
if you want a real tight chassis... dont use bushings on the swaybars... go to a machine shop and get the bushings duplicated in aluminum... they it will be real tight... that what my dads Trans Am G-MACHINE has... the car is sooooooo stiff... 1 inch thick coils on the front too!
Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
02-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Nobody makes the kit your hoping for. Some members have managed to figure out what bushings to order for the sway bars. I've heard about using certain years of civic sway bar bushings. For any other bushing, it's going to be very difficult to say the least. How would I go about it? I'd order the bushings I wanted to replace from honda. Then I'd send them to energy or prothane and ask them to match up a urathane equivilent. Ya that can get expensive, but it would take any guess workout of getting the right part. Plus is they don't have a urathane matching part, you already own a new stock replacement.

This is definately a area where other cars show better aftermarket support, tegs are a excellent example.

1987HondaAccord
02-02-2003, 06:34 PM
do bushings wear out or are they meant to last for life? Im asking because i want more response and less body role. would it do me any good if i just got some oem replacements?

Jims 86LXI HB
02-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 1987HondaAccord
do bushings wear out or are they meant to last for life? Im asking because i want more response and less body role. would it do me any good if i just got some oem replacements?

Yes bushings can and do wear out, given the age of our cars it should kinda be exspected. Stiffer bushings will improve responce, but will never give you less body roll. For less body roll you need to increase your roll stiffness. Stiffer springs and stiffer (thicker) sway bars are the way to have less body roll.

If would help your ride if the original bushing are no longer able to do their job. Getting new one's that do what their surposed to, would be a improvement.

socal3rdgen
02-02-2003, 11:47 PM
hey wicked maybe we can get a deal from energy by buying 2 instead. your clutch has fucked my bushings all up. Damn you :D i think that they will drop the price on making 2 pair of custom bushing instead of just one. know what im saying. talk to me before you start buying any bushings maybe we can get a deal somewhere.

StUpiD8000
02-03-2003, 11:38 AM
hey wicked maybe we can get a deal from energy by buying 2 instead. your clutch has fucked my bushings all up. Damn you i think that they will drop the price on making 2 pair of custom bushing instead of just one. know what im saying. talk to me before you start buying any bushings maybe we can get a deal somewhere. If you get a deal Im in to lower it more

1987HondaAccord
02-03-2003, 12:07 PM
if you get them to do it, it would be great to get a group buy. If I have the money i would be in. this sounds good, and somewhat hopeful.

wickedaccord
02-03-2003, 01:06 PM
let me see wat i can do. i have another friend who owns another shop and he said if i cant find anyone to make it.. he has a box full of bushing kits from various cars and he'll jus use which ever one fits for my front and back bushings. ill keep u guys updated. maybe he'll seperate it and sell it for cheap. cuz i know they do go for 120 for the whole kit. it's the installation that will cost u. thanks for the info by the way, i appreciate it.

jon

socal3rdgen
02-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by wickedaccord
let me see wat i can do. i have another friend who owns another shop and he said if i cant find anyone to make it.. he has a box full of bushing kits from various cars and he'll jus use which ever one fits for my front and back bushings. ill keep u guys updated. maybe he'll seperate it and sell it for cheap. cuz i know they do go for 120 for the whole kit. it's the installation that will cost u. thanks for the info by the way, i appreciate it.

jon

cool cuz im getting sick and tired of shaking my car to peices. :lol and it just a stage 1 i have. i cant imagin what kind of damage your stage 3 is doin (well i guess i can i rode in it):D

rabbit_66_61
02-03-2003, 05:27 PM
count me in for a set!! i'm down for a group buy

wickedaccord
02-03-2003, 05:43 PM
i dont know if he can get the complete bushing kit.. let me see wat he can do for me first. when it's all done.. ill let u guys know how much it'll cost from my friend. he'll put watever fits in a box and mail it out to whomever wants it. i doubt ill get all the proper bushings. pretty much the main ones i hope.. the upper and lower arms. the radius arms also. im sure he'll hook it up. late

jon

socal3rdgen
02-03-2003, 09:24 PM
i dont know if he can get the complete bushing kit.. let me see wat he can do for me first. when it's all done.. ill let u guys know how much it'll cost from my friend. he'll put watever fits in a box and mail it out to whomever wants it. i doubt ill get all the proper bushings. pretty much the main ones i hope.. the upper and lower arms. the radius arms also. im sure he'll hook it up. late

jon

dude if you can get me just the radius arm bushing and swap them with me at the march 15th meet that would be sweet. i really dont need a full set just the radius arms. ide send you the money or id pay you at the meet. either or. you know im good for it. see what you can do. cuz the stock ones i know will blow out after a while you know.

wickedaccord
02-05-2003, 09:46 PM
the radius arms r very easy. our 3rd gen accord is compatible with the 4th gen radius arm bushings. i recently had to change mine and i got it from a 91 accord. fits fine, jus to let u know about the radius arm part. but yea.. let me see wat i can do joel. i havent talked with the guy yet becuz of school. but i will tomorrow. late

jon

wickedaccord
02-06-2003, 09:12 PM
spoke to my friend.. and he said he'll make it available. BUT, do not get ur hopes high. becuz my car will be a test car. we will see exactly how many bushings will be available and i will let those of u who want it, know how much it'll cost. most likely the kit will consist of CRX bushings and 4th gen accord bushings. will keep u guys updated. late

jon

Mantis88LX
02-08-2003, 07:03 PM
count me in if the price is right,

wickedaccord
02-10-2003, 06:39 PM
some of u guys will be like.. WTF!!! and some will be like HOLLY SH!T!!!! but energy suspension finally got back with me. apparently they want atleast 200 orders and then they'll custom make it for the 3geez accords. i seriously doubt we'll be able to get 200 orders for them.... but im still goin to get my car done tuesday at my friends shop. so ill post again. late

jon

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-10-2003, 06:45 PM
At what prices??

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-10-2003, 06:45 PM
At what prices??

wickedaccord
02-10-2003, 07:46 PM
i dont even want to email them back about the 200 orders. becuz like i said, i seriously! doubt we can even get that much ppl to contribute. not only that, that means all the moderators have to contribute to this and all those who like to race should also becuz it'll help them jus as much as it would help me. hole shots count and u dont want to spin out. im only saying this about contributing becuz it's 200 ppl.. not 10 not 20.. 200 smacker-roo's!their kit for a 4th gen accord is like 120 dollars. so it cant be that much more or less.

jon

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Damm! Too bad, dats something that helps out..Good Luck~~

Jims 86LXI HB
02-10-2003, 08:41 PM
i dont even want to email them back about the 200 orders. becuz like i said, i seriously! doubt we can even get that much ppl to contribute. not only that, that means all the moderators have to contribute to this and all those who like to race should also becuz it'll help them jus as much as it would help me. hole shots count and u dont want to spin out. im only saying this about contributing becuz it's 200 ppl.. not 10 not 20.. 200 smacker-roo's!their kit for a 4th gen accord is like 120 dollars. so it cant be that much more or less.

jon

Say what:huh: what prevent's them from simply raiding their suppies of bushings that already exist? I'd like to know what bushings would factually have to be custom made by them. If you ask me they picked a number that guaranteed that we'd go away and leave them alone. Frankly if bushing kits did not exitist for the teg, you wouldn't be able to go to say honda-acura net and get 200 orders either in the integra forum, 200 is just not realistic, that's why I suspect it's a number to get rid of us. I'm all for the idea, to bad they do't seam to want the business a whole bunch. You've got my respect wicked, for trying and thank you as well. :wave:

guaynabo89
02-11-2003, 02:14 PM
It does sound like they were just trying to blow you off. I bet if you email them back saying that they already make all the bushings you need for the accord it would be a different story. If you tell them exactly what parts would swith over they would show a listing cause it did not cost them anything to develop.:rolleyes:

wickedaccord
02-11-2003, 04:40 PM
thanks jim.. i appreciate the respect.. but as for wat quaynobo89 said.. it is very true. we can use other vehicle bushings which i am doing now. i didnt get all the bushings on today.. actually i only got 4 done on the radius arms. hopefully it'll be finished tomorrow. when it's all done.. ill recheck everything exactly what bushings came from wat car.. not only that., my friend will make the kit available for us. since our frame chasis is very close to that of a civic or crx. will keep u updated. thanks again

jon

muad_dibtech
02-21-2003, 03:15 PM
has anybody figured out which energy suspension bushings fit on the front and rear sway bars on an '88 lxi?? what are the part #'s??i'm replacing the rest of the bushings w/ oem, prelude upper arms, tokico blues, adjustable coilovers, slotted and drilled brembos from dba(disc brakes australia) and ceramic pads next week and REALLY need to replace my sway arm bushings.any help for this newbie??

guaynabo89
02-21-2003, 03:24 PM
I don't know if they are the right size, but if you go to Auto Zone they sell energy suspension bushings. They always have the swaybar endlinks and the ones that actually hold the sway bar to the car.

muad_dibtech
02-21-2003, 05:21 PM
yeah my buudy who works @ autozone says that they don't have them for this app.supposedly someone on here has figured out which ones fit.help!!!

Jims 86LXI HB
02-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by muad_dibtech
i'm replacing the rest of the bushings w/ oem, prelude upper arms, tokico blues, adjustable coilovers

Tokico H.P.'s do NOT have enough dampning power to deal with stiffer lowering springs. Compound the problem with the fact that coilovers are NOT progressive and your making a good recipe for ruining your car. Tokico H.P.'s should only be run with stock springs, that is where they are High Performance. Only Koni's have the dampning power to deal with stiffer lowering springs. But buyer beware, know your spring rates before buying, some coilvers, like dropzones are extreamly stiff and even the Koni's won't have enough power for them.

Your front sway bar is 7/8" and the rear is 1/2"

socal3rdgen
02-22-2003, 12:45 AM
some of u guys will be like.. WTF!!! and some will be like HOLLY SH!T!!!! but energy suspension finally got back with me. apparently they want atleast 200 orders and then they'll custom make it for the 3geez accords. i seriously doubt we'll be able to get 200 orders for them.... but im still goin to get my car done tuesday at my friends shop. so ill post again. late

jon

damn!! 200 orders :wtf: thanks for tryin.

muad_dibtech
02-22-2003, 03:13 PM
i've been assured that the tokicos have enough dampening for my car as i can't drop it more than 1.5 " here as the roads are the most unkempt roads i've ever seen. most of the time i'll probably only be @1".the guy has been running tokicos on his ground control 1.5" drop on his civic for over 6 months.thanks for the measurements, you saved me crawling around in the mesa dirt.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by muad_dibtech
i've been assured that the tokicos have enough dampening for my car as i can't drop it more than 1.5 " here as the roads are the most unkempt roads i've ever seen. most of the time i'll probably only be @1".the guy has been running tokicos on his ground control 1.5" drop on his civic for over 6 months.thanks for the measurements, you saved me crawling around in the mesa dirt.

Listening to that assurance and believing it will be your downfall. He either doesn't know what he's talking about or has gotten used to a ride and drive quality that he should NOT be excepting.
Tokico H.P.s should not be used on ANY stiffer spring. Their compression and rebound settings are set to liven up stock spring rates, and nothing more. Do not fall for the falsehood that you you'll be ok because your just at a 1.5" or 1" drop. I guarantee that guys civic with ground controls and tokico h.p.'s is inferior to one equiped with the right struts, at the very least he should be on KYB AGX's, (Koni Sports would be the best for him). It has NOTHING to do with autocrossing or creating the best handling and EVERYTHING to do with not letting the springs do things they should not be allowed to do.

I have been following suspension systems and components for years. I know most of the techs for these companies on a first name basis. When I first bought my suspension parts I thought I had just what I needed. Problem was, I didn't. I purchased struts that I was assured would have enough dampning power for stiffer springs. Problem was, they were wrong. When I equiped my car with Koni's, I got a night and day improvement in the ride and drive and a noticeable improvement in the car's handling. I made it as personel mission to know what I needed to know, to NOT repeat the mistake again. And I've vowed to not let a lack or information or MISINFORMATION let anyone else make my mistakes again. In addition I get countless pm's and email's from members that tell me that their tired of how their lowered car rides and drives with tokicos. A couple of those members are ridding on the softest lowering springs you can get for a 3g, the 1.5" neuspeed springs. Even then, with only a 26% increase in stiffness over stock springs, the tokicos do not have enough dampning for even that soft of a spring. If they can't handle the softest spring, their's NO way their going to handle a coilover.

Now, if you don't care how the car rides and drives or don't care much about performance handling, then and only then equipe your car with tokico's. I'm not just the moderator of this section because I know what I'm talking about, but also because I'am willing to go out of my way to help others, get their suspension right.

muad_dibtech
02-23-2003, 01:49 PM
going to cancel that order for the tokicos first thing tomorrow.thanks for the info!!where is the best place to pick up the konis??

muad_dibtech
02-23-2003, 02:36 PM
so after taking the front and rear sway bar measurements from jim and converting to mm, then cross-referencing with the energy suspension website, i found matching bushing sets for the bars

7/8"=22mm-part #9.5126--'96-'00 civic/crx front sway bushing set
1/2"=12mm-part #5.5145--'95-'99 eclipse rear sway bushing set(hopefully this will have the correct # of bushings, i'm ordering them today from autozone and will post results later this week.)

muad_dibtech
02-23-2003, 07:23 PM
when i ordered the bushings today, the measurements on the computer @ autozone were in much more detail than the energy suspension website and it looks like the kit for the '99-'00 civic si(13mm) are closer to our bars than the eclipse bushings. they civics are oversized by 1/64" as opposed to the eclipse which is just slightly undersized i think by 1/32". so i think the si set will be a little more snug.the part # for the si set is 16.5107. again i'll give updates hopefully by the end of the week.

wickedaccord
02-26-2003, 08:02 PM
hey joel.. sorry i havent said shit about the bushings. but im still waiting on the order to come in. as soon as everything is set. i will definately let u know how the bushing kit went on my car. but like i said,. if u need radius arm bushings.. jus go to a junky and get used 90 accord radius arm bushings for now. that is wat i have on my car right now. it's holding up fine.. well.. then again probably becuz i havent launched with my car in a long time.. and i dont launch with my car anymore. if i do, i take off at 2000rpm. sorry joel, ill keep u updated though. and by the way, i still have those stock engine mounts if u want it. or if u ever need axles. late

jon