PDA

View Full Version : 540ca6 b18b1 swap

540Ca6
11-27-2016, 05:33 PM
What's up 3geez this is my 89 accord Lxi I've had it for a while now. My auto trans started slipping in January so I took it off the road until I can get everything together for my b series swap. So far I have got the innovative swap mounts, a s1 cable trans and a 5speed donor at the local pick apart lol. I have removed the shifter and linkages , gauge cluster and pedal assembly. One question I have is what t bracket and side mount is the innovative mounts designed to be used with??? I noticed the side mount is designed for a two post mount.

Tdurr
12-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the fourms! Looks like you have done your research on this awesome! I'm not too knowledgeable on the bswap but I do know the pass side mount has to be welded onto the car. As far as everything else a few other member will be able to chime in. Be sure to share all the pictures you take and keep us updated

540Ca6
12-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome I'll be sure to post pics as I go along. Welding the mount is no prob I work at a auto repair shop been turnin wrenches since I was in school. Been in the business for over 10 years and I was in the navy for 3 and half and I have access to everything I could ever need lol. This is my first swap I've done for myself. I have a baby girl and another on the way so I've been trying to keep the cost low I was trying to find out what Honda/Acura I could get the t bracket and driver mount form. my donor motor came from a auto teggy so there no good for my swap lol. Thanks for all the support. My goal is to have it done by east coast Honda meet I'm in va so it's rare to see any 3rd gens still on the road.

540Ca6
03-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Hey it's been awhile I'll post some pics soon of more parts lol. But my build is going into full swing. I've got my side mount and t-bracket from innovative also a full rebuild kit for my b18b1 (factory spec) and a blackworks solid bushing kit for the shift linkage. As of today I ordered my clutch kit, arp flywheel bolts as well as pressure plate bolts. So I will be starting my rebuild on the engine this week.

Shane86
03-29-2017, 04:16 AM
Welcome. What kind of clutch kit did you get

540Ca6
03-29-2017, 10:53 AM
It's an xtd stage 2 comes with a light weight flywheel off of eBay price was too good to pass up.

Shane86
03-29-2017, 10:10 PM
cool. That's a good thing about the B series it's easy to get parts for

Shane86
03-31-2017, 10:40 PM
keep an eye out I'm looking for one of these pieces