PDA

View Full Version : PC Valve

accordboricua
05-24-2002, 07:44 AM
I would like to know what will the engine do if it has a damaged PC valve, what are the symptoms of a F***ed up PC valve???:sadwave:

dosh8er
05-24-2002, 09:43 AM
I believe you are referring to a PCV valve (stands for Positive Crankcase Venilation).

Since this unit helps with crankcase venilation, it keeps fresh air circulating within the engine and thus the pressure within lower. What happens if you don't have a functioning PCV valve? Bad things! Most likely, nothing, but eventually, a small explosion could occur inside your engine (I'm not talking about the ones that happen normally).

The computer uses many sensors like the oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor measures the air/fuel ratio as the exhaust passes by it. Not enough air and the sensor tells the computer that the mixture is rich and needs more air. Too much air and the sensor tells the computer that the mixture is lean and needs more fuel. This will obviously lead to preformance problems, as giving a false reading to your sensor will not only throw things off, but reduce their lifespan.

BTW, remember your air filter is important too. That should be done about every 15,000 miles, or whenever it looks dirty.

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 09:14 AM
if i were you i would change it and buy my peace of mind ! you can buy it for 10 $ at majestic may be cheaper somwhere else ! :D

MIKE

89AccordCpe
05-25-2002, 11:30 AM
A bad pcv valve may make the car unable to maintain an idle. Mine went bad a few months ago and the first symptom was a rough idle. Then one day it wouldn't idle at all. Every time I put the car in neutral the rpm's would drop to zero and the car would stall. That sucked.