PDA

View Full Version : 86 Aerodeck in America and needing some basic parts

LunaticConcepts
11-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Howdy! This is my first post on here, sorry if this has been covered but I did search but it seems like I may not find the answer I'm looking for.

My question is what USDM Honda's have parts that interchange? Specifically brake system parts. This thing could use new pads and rotors all around on it. Also needs a valve cover gasket but I think I managed to get one that will work on it from AZ.

I actually purchased the car from a really good friend of mine who is on here as well from when he first got it overseas. Super clean inside and out. Absolute blast to drive! Just needs a little bit of TLC.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5563/30914431510_c56752814f_o.jpg

I greatly appreciate any input!!

Oldblueaccord
11-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Howdy! This is my first post on here, sorry if this has been covered but I did search but it seems like I may not find the answer I'm looking for.

My question is what USDM Honda's have parts that interchange? Specifically brake system parts. This thing could use new pads and rotors all around on it. Also needs a valve cover gasket but I think I managed to get one that will work on it from AZ.

I actually purchased the car from a really good friend of mine who is on here as well from when he first got it overseas. Super clean inside and out. Absolute blast to drive! Just needs a little bit of TLC.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5563/30914431510_c56752814f_o.jpg

I greatly appreciate any input!!

Cant answer your question but great looking car. Love the color!

obd0driver
12-01-2016, 12:58 PM
You better start hitting Facebook groups from the UK there's a few of them out there that are just 3geez related I believe

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tdurr
12-01-2016, 02:23 PM
There is a how to on brake upgrades ;)
Not much other Honda parts that "interchange" we do more making things fit than anything

LunaticConcepts
12-02-2016, 07:29 AM
That's what I was concerned about. Reckon I'll look into just doing an upgrade then. Rear discs and pads are shot, fronts are warped and in dire need of replacing. Also needing an axle now :/

LunaticConcepts
12-02-2016, 07:47 AM
So I guess what I'm really asking is if I can go to the local parts house an punch in an 86' accord can I get front and rear rotors and pads, and a RH Axle?

Oldblueaccord
12-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I breezed thru the rockatuo catalog and I didnt see much.

Might just have to pull the parts and compare them to what is available for our cars.

Luckily the parts you listed are pretty cheap over all. So buying and returning would not be to big of a deal.

Dr_Snooz
12-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Am I missing something? If it's discs all around, why wouldn't SE-i brake parts work? OP, compare your brake parts to those available for an '89 SE-i. Let us know what you learn.

carotman
12-08-2016, 09:34 AM
The rears should be the same as an SE-i indeed.

The front calipers might be different but all brake parts are interchangeable anyway.