PDA

View Full Version : James 89 Accord SE-I!

Mike89Accordcom
02-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Another great SE-I with tons of potential!

http://www.89accord.com/special/james.jpg

http://www.89accord.com/special/james1.jpg

Coroncho80
02-02-2003, 01:04 PM
This is like the first SEi sedan that I've seen here! (well, besides mine :D) most of them here are coupes............

Well, this sei is looking pretty clean. Any plans to it or just gonna keep it stock? One thing I would have to say, please get rid off the wheel cover! :D

johndej
02-02-2003, 02:43 PM
hey, the wheel cover isn't that bad, i have one on mine so my hands don't fall of on the way to school. oh well, that thing looks great. you just get it james? or have you had it a while, looks like its brand new.

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-02-2003, 02:52 PM
nice car...yea thats like the 2nd 4 door ive EVER seen besides maurice's car......weird color...never seen it b4

dXsquared
02-02-2003, 03:12 PM
POO POO!!!!!!!!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
02-02-2003, 03:19 PM
I want one, anyone want to give me an SE-i ??? Anybody? Come on guys I'll go and get it.

dXsquared
02-02-2003, 03:56 PM
there is one in ontario... southern ontario... it needs body, and maybe new leather... but its 1000 canadian bucks

go on MSN and i will tell you about it

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
02-02-2003, 03:59 PM
I meant for free:D and I would go and pick it up. I'm going to go junk yard cruising this week for teg lip and some sei parts

89cordlx
02-03-2003, 09:19 PM
why is it that some accords like lx-i's and se-i's have the little side graphics, and some don't? Was it a dealer option because I wish my car had those old 80's graphics

netfreak
02-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Uhh is that a clutch on an automatic?????

EDIT: nm it doesnt really look like one now....

Coroncho80
02-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 89cordlx
why is it that some accords like lx-i's and se-i's have the little side graphics, and some don't? Was it a dealer option because I wish my car had those old 80's graphics

What little graphic on the side??? :confused:

My car was originally a little bit darker than his. I have to post some before and after pics, you'll see the huge diference! :D

89AccordLXI666
02-04-2003, 08:14 AM
He means the little design strip that runs from the drivers and passengers side from the front of the car to the back by the taillights... the little gold strip, you know what I'm talking about.... I don't nessesarly think it was a dealer option, it's just cuz it was an LX or LX-i or SE-i's I believe those are the onlu models of the accords that have that.... I don't think the DX have it though... Lataz

Project-LXi
02-04-2003, 12:06 PM
My accord (88 LX-i) came with a gold pinstripe. My friend has a black colored pinstripe on her 87 DX Hatch. So its not just LX-i and SE-i that have pinstripes.

3rd GEN
02-05-2003, 11:30 PM
nice..I like the Se-i's there nice..
i am currently on the hunt for an ex-i...
but an se-i is optimally what i want.. but damn..they are soooooo hard to find in 5-speed...they are all frickin auto's!!! Damn autos!!!

AccordEpicenter
02-06-2003, 10:26 AM
thats in nice shape... all the sei's around here are beat to crap

Coroncho80
02-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 3rd GEN

but an se-i is optimally what i want.. but damn..they are soooooo hard to find in 5-speed...they are all frickin auto's!!! Damn autos!!!

I agree with ya. I feel lucky having my sei. All I see out there on the streets are beat up 3gs. It pisses me off :rant:

GreenMachine
02-06-2003, 09:00 PM
cool cup holder, I want one !

thirdgenonly
02-08-2003, 04:53 PM
hey guys i just bought an '89 se-i today the one for 1000 at arora autosales i got him down to 800$$ what a steal except there's alot of rust on the rear quaters, i'm gonna need to get new ones u guys know any places to get them. other than that the car's grate .

thanks

Sabz5150
02-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by netfreak
Uhh is that a clutch on an automatic?????

EDIT: nm it doesnt really look like one now....

That's a deadpedal.

fohshizzay
02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Nice, nice

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-23-2003, 04:19 PM
i agree, it looks really good. that's footrest not a clutch. my 89 had white pinstripes (monterey blue) til i took them off. does anything of the se-i fit the lxi? i like the cupholder too.:smile:
that is a VERY nice looking car. have fun with it man.

Nolan

3rd GEN
02-23-2003, 09:09 PM
yes.. anything off the sei will fit any other 3gee..
i will eventually do a rear-disc conversion and many other things

cdscowboy
02-24-2003, 03:29 AM
cupholder = my want!!!! :D

HondaBoy
02-28-2003, 03:20 PM
hey this is the color i wanted to repaint my car. this rare-ish SE-I brown. for yall who had seen that was one of my choices, thats it. i like it better than the champain beige. but will probley get it done the original color. nice car man!!!

AvgWhtMale
03-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys. The color is called "Tuscany Taupe". It's like a dark gold. I almost bought an identical one that was a 5-speed, but this one was in much better shape and had fewer miles. It had about 97k when I bought it in August 2001 and now it's up to about 118,500. Runs nice, except the transmission does this strange revving thing between gears sometimes. When the transmission goes, I'll probably to the B20A swap. I thought about the 5-speed conversion, but I'm too used to the auto -- I like it! Plus, a B20A automatic will be cheaper. Anyway, I've got more interior pics if anyone is interested. The dead pedal is real nice. I think the 5-speed 89's have them too. The cup holder is nice, too. I think you can buy the whole center console, and it will fit the other models. It has a small storage compartment (think 3 or 4 cassette tapes) and an armrest in it as well. I like the wheel cover because it makes the wheel thicker like more current cars. In hindsight I might have gone with black but I like the tan color. The only real "mod" is that I cut out the center divider in the tape holder under the radio so my discman fit in there. Then I sent the Bose head unit to a guy in Texas who installed a mini-plug CD connection. I had to send the amps back to Bose to be rebuilt because they go bad after a while. The next "mod" will probably be getting the speakers rebuilt, because they tend to go bad too. Then probably new struts, and eventually an R-12 to R-134 AC conversion and a new compressor because there's a leak somewhere. Maybe I'll wait for the swap to do this so everything will be done at once. One thing about the exterior -- the bumper corners have some paint scraped off, what is the best way to fix this? Can detailers do this, or do I need to go to a body shop? Not a necessity, but of course I want my car to look perfect!

Thanks for the props.

-James