PDA

View Full Version : Floss your 2Gee

PhydeauX
05-24-2002, 08:14 AM
Sorry these pics have long been lost

I finally got around to takeing some shots of the exterior of my car. I was going to wait untill I put the new fenders on but I just shot the good side so I doesn't matter. I had to take some shots of the freshly crisened windows anyway.

dead link
dead link

Here is the motor with the new, nonleaking prelude valve cover and the carb mounted the right way.

dead link

Here is the interior with the crx seats, gen3 lude wheel, and the a/f meter.

dead link

andy

88LXiHB
05-24-2002, 05:26 PM
What are you hoping to run when you get all the bugs woked out??

1989 DX R
05-24-2002, 05:34 PM
I would say 15's are a must.

MoonScryer
05-24-2002, 05:45 PM
I say he should see high 14's if he does it right.

PhydeauX
05-24-2002, 09:18 PM
I'm hopeing for low 16s once I get the pump sorted out and some decent tires and then high 15s with the carbs. I went for 40 DCOE carbs which are going to give a stronger mid range with a bit of a sacrifice to the top end. I have more of a desire to auto-x with the car then drag race so I didn't go full out wild on the cam or carbs.

andy

A20A1
05-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Wow not much room for the engine... I like the interior... real simple yet... perfect. :D

TeKKnoTeKK
05-25-2002, 01:50 PM
Very cool PhydeauX...you have put a lot of nice work into that, looks real good bro.

seancornelis
05-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Jeez, the seats and steering wheel make a huge difference....

Mine had velour seats because that was part of the LX package that year, and they were pretty comfy although ugly as sin and all torn up.

http://members.aol.com/sean879/accord-interior.jpg

PhydeauX
05-25-2002, 11:41 PM
That looks exactly like the interior of my 83, it had the lx package too. The seats were nice, except the drivers side was broke and stabed me in the back alot, I still have scars from it :\. The 85 wasn't so lucky in the seats department, it had these crapy things with a cloth that was more like paper covering them. The crx seats go in with slight mods to the holes on the back of the rails and the steering wheel goes right on but you need to trim the plastic to keep it from rubbing. Nothing is worst then that gen2 wheel.

A lx with out crusie, you got riped off. I don't see the power steering badge either I though all lxs had power steering. You did manage the digital clock, it was in teh higher package but I like the class of the analog one, I also love it when people can't read it since my radio doesn't display a clock >).

andy

seancornelis
05-26-2002, 08:26 AM
The power steering badge is there on the steering wheel, it did have the ridiculous overkill power steering, velour interior and a/c but somehow Honda forgot the cruise control....which is odd because it friggen came STANDARD on all '82 LX models. I have the invoice from when the car was originally purchased, makes no mention of it there either so it wasn't removed or anything. It also only had one mirror (driver's side) and one front speaker (passanger side) as if they were trying to balance out the car or something.

PhydeauX
05-26-2002, 10:03 AM
The passenger mirror was an option untill 84, mine didn't have one either. Thats odd about the speaker, was there a grill in the door for it or just nothing?

andy

seancornelis
05-26-2002, 12:05 PM
There was a grille on the passanger side (a big rectangular thing) but on the driver's side there was nothing, just the door skin fabric. I pulled it off one day and there was a mounting bracket in the door for a speaker and wiring for it...I think they just forgot to add the cruise and speaker for some reason....there were no rear speakers either but I suspect someone just removed them before I got it. I wonder what else they forgot to put in that car...

BTW - The analog clock is way cooler looking, does it illuminate at night? I tried finding one in a junkyard once but they're scarce.

PhydeauX
05-26-2002, 07:19 PM
It does illuminate, and it swaps right in where the digital one was. I carried it over to my 85 from my 83. The illumination kinda sucks though, I put a new bulb in it when I swaped and its still just about impossible to see the hands at night.

andy

2ndGenGuy
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Any chance we could get these broken pics reposted? I'm kindof a noob and would love a chance to see these pics...

snoopyloopy
02-21-2006, 08:22 PM
:werd:

offthahook
02-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Peeps... answers to a lot of your questions are at my cardomain site. Check it out and read my "book". I have had 2 of these monsters!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2166512

aerokid1987
02-22-2006, 08:38 AM
pics no worky :arg:

Cheeseburger
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Peeps... answers to a lot of your questions are at my cardomain site. Check it out and read my "book". I have had 2 of these monsters!

thats one mint looking 2nd gen dude :eek5: what did u use for the undercoating?

offthahook
02-22-2006, 12:34 PM
thats one mint looking 2nd gen dude :eek5: what did u use for the undercoating?

Gallon bucket of brushable from Sherwin Williams and aereaol from Wal Mart. Both are great and will hopefully prevent rust!

Cheeseburger
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
nice dude, thanks!!!!

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM

Nice ride man! Great to see someone take such detailed care of their car. Saw it on CarDomain some time ago... Never realized you were a member on these forums. Sweet!

offthahook
02-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice ride man! Great to see someone take such detailed care of their car. Saw it on CarDomain some time ago... Never realized you were a member on these forums. Sweet!

Thanks man. I am trying to make it an "LX" (like that badge says it is...). Looking at putting cloth on my door panels right now. Keep checking the cardomain pages because I am putting all my progress there.