PDA

View Full Version : 88 accord lx build

JEFF9922
12-16-2016, 10:55 AM
So I have a 88 accord lx that I am not liking the carb cold weather sucks so I had a idea to put a b20z in it and swap to efi . Here is my idea , get a stand alone engine harness with its own fuse box to run the b20z that way I don't have to connect it to the cars chassis harness and get a fuel cell and run custom fuel lines to the engine and back to the fuel cell for return . I will be using a cable trans so the speedo should still work , and just hard wire in the coolant gauge and tach . This way I don't have to swap out the inside harness and gas tank . What you guys think ?

Tdurr
12-16-2016, 11:35 PM
not a bad idea. just be sure to get the mounts and crap right. idk much about the swap myself.

Oldblueaccord
12-17-2016, 07:32 PM
So I have a 88 accord lx that I am not liking the carb cold weather sucks so I had a idea to put a b20z in it and swap to efi . Here is my idea , get a stand alone engine harness with its own fuse box to run the b20z that way I don't have to connect it to the cars chassis harness and get a fuel cell and run custom fuel lines to the engine and back to the fuel cell for return . I will be using a cable trans so the speedo should still work , and just hard wire in the coolant gauge and tach . This way I don't have to swap out the inside harness and gas tank . What you guys think ?

Holley 550-200 Avenger TBI System | Ships Free at HolleyInjection.Com | 2-BBL EFI Kit 670 CFM (Up To 275 HP) (http://www.holleyinjection.com/avenger/avenger-tbi/avenger-2-bbl-tbi-efi-670-cfm-275-hp-550-200)

There some of these self learning EFI deals that are nice replacement for carbs. Dont see as much for a 2 barrel set up as you see for 4 barrels. Just something to think about if your just looking for EFI.