PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt Struggle TDC problems

steve520
12-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Ok guys so I am deep into getting this oil pump oil seal. I have lined the Crankshaft to TDC perfectly with the T mark in the tranny port hole. The thing is I have it lined up but the Camshaft isn't lined up with the head in fact its way off. I think it was off to begin with but I think it jumped more teeth when I was turning the damn thing counter clockwise from the crank because my tensioner was loose. The question is how to get the camshaft back in TDC with the Crankshaft. Like I said the Crank is perfectly at TDC at the moment but the Camshaft is so far off. Any help at this point would be great this car is going to kill me lol. Here is a pic of the Camshaft and this is at TDC on the Crank

DBMaster
12-19-2016, 10:42 AM
I always had the best luck lining up the cam and crank independently. Remove the belt from the cam sprocket, line up the crank with the T mark, turn the cam so that "UP" is, well, up. Then, you can put the belt back on the cam and you should be in business. I learned this the first time I changed my timing belt. No matter how careful I thought I was the timing was way off unless I did what I just said.