PDA

View Full Version : Adventures With Hatchie

89hatchieaccord
12-19-2016, 10:31 PM
What's up y'all. This is a similar post to one I put in the wrong place. I'm Joe. Just bought an 89 Accord DX (manual, carbed) with 224k miles for $1000. It has some issues but nothing seemingly major. Bought it Friday and it drove like a dream the hour and a half home, but after about 5 starts was having no crank no start issues. Stood in the Oriley's parking lot with a flashlight soaking wet in the freezing rain for a couple of hours installing a new starter after replacing the bad battery. Still ended up with the same ncns issues. Found this forum and saw people talking about "blue crayon" on the floorboard and, lo and behold there it was. The clutch saftey switch stopper was in chunks on the floor. Bypassed the switch and for a brief second, heard the starter engage and then lost all power. Fiddled with the ancient battery cable and got power back but still no crank. Replacing battery cable tomorrow. Should probably have been the first thing I did but I'm sort of a noob and kinda stubborn. I just knew it was the starter lol. Anyway, this accord and this forum have taught me more about cars in two days than I've learned my whole life. My priorities with this car are to make it mechanically sound, improve performance, then do some cosmetic/comfort modifications. I plan to get this beast to the 30 year vintage and beyond so I'm sure I'll be around pretty often!

SZfiftyfour
12-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the fix and may 3geezus be with you.

89hatchieaccord
12-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Thanks!7914

Dr_Snooz
12-24-2016, 09:41 PM
Welcome!