PDA

View Full Version : Registering more than one screenname... READ!

87accordlxi
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Lately I've been catching a number of members registering more than one screenname. This is not allowed without Administration approval for a number of reasons:
1) You may be pretending to be a brand new user, and it is not fair to the other members that you are lying to them.
2) Doing so just adds to the B.S, which this board does not need any more of.
3) You have already been permanently banned and are thus not permitted to return.
4) This is also rule #11 in the Member Conduct (http://www.3geez.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=14)

I don't care if you think your screenname's reputation has been tarnished for any reason. The members on this board are very fair, and any detriment to your reputation has more than likely been brought on by only yourself and your behavior. Registering another screenname in hopes of fooling everyone only adds to that poor reputation.

If you would like your screenname changed because you want something new, again, do not register a new one. Changing your screenname is very easy, and can be done by marc49, carotman, 88turboaccord, YK86, or Myself. You will even retain your post count, and all of your previous posts and profile info under the old screenname will carry over as well.

I understand that it is possible that you may have lost your password, or forgotten your screenname. In this type of situation, please do not register again. Instead, contact an Administrator and we will be more than happy to assist you.

If you are caught registering a new screenname, then we will delete one of them of our choosing. If you are a repeat offender, then you will be banned from 3geez.

AZmike
02-03-2003, 01:40 PM
How can you tell the difference between two people using the same computer with two screen names and one person that has created another screen name?

blazin3gen
02-03-2003, 01:50 PM
i've tried to contact them but no luck

marc49
02-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 89LXi4dr
How can you tell the difference between two people using the same computer with two screen names and one person that has created another screen name?

in those RARE occasions we are able to determine if it's fake or real.

AvgWhtMale
02-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Hmmm... I used to be TuscanyTaupe89SEi, but I tried to log in after not visiting the board for like 6 months, and I couldn't get in. So I re-registered. Do with me as you se fit...

-Scofflaw

87accordlxi
02-05-2003, 09:12 PM
well your old username is not on the member's list, so that could have been the problem. im not sure why it wouldnt be there, but in any case, you're fine :)

AvgWhtMale
02-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Kool. Actually, as I recall, I was TuscanyTaupe89SEi when we were on EZ board. When the board moved, I think I changed my name... but I don't remember what I changed it to! Maybe you can search by email address or something?

dosh8er
02-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 89LXi4dr

It has to do with your IP address (Internet Protocol). Every time you sign onto your ISP (whether you use AOL, SBC, Verizon, earthlink, juno, etc) you get an IP address. This number is in the form of 255.255.255.255, that is, four sets of a 2 or 3 digit number separated by periods. For example 216.239.35.100
is the IP for www.google.com. This number would have been used, but now we have convienent domain names (www.asdf.com, www.sourceforge.net, www.dyndns.org, etc.) so it's unecessary to remember that IP number.

However, people beware! That IP address, which every computer connected to the internet has, is special, and is broken down to who your ISP is and even your location. So, this number is very essential to keeping you doubles in order!

I won't get into dynamic vs. static IP's, because that would give away the whole secret of why this only works for some of the violators. And we wouldn't want to incourage double accounts, would we?

MIK3
02-08-2003, 08:53 PM
What about those supreme techies that are very intelligent? heh

MrBen
03-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Hehe, Yeah, what about us?