PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!

LIL'LXi
02-03-2003, 04:06 PM
I just got through reading all of Jim's posts on lowering and my brain has just locked up. This is a subject I just can't grasp. So, I ask for help. I just put 17's on my '87 hb and it left a pretty good gap between the tread and the fender. I don't want to go cutting my springs but I also don't want to spend a fortune. I don't race it or push it too hard. I just want a decent ride while lowering it just a little. My question is, what would be a good set up for my car with out spending a fortune?

dXsquared
02-03-2003, 04:11 PM
tokico shocks with the cheap tokico springs

Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
02-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
tokico shocks with the cheap tokico springs

Travis

No no no, way to stiff for what he want's. Choose a spring that will offer struts that weak the least work load, i.e. the softest springs possible. But read next post :D

Jims 86LXI HB
02-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by LIL'LXi
I just got through reading all of Jim's posts on lowering and my brain has just locked up. This is a subject I just can't grasp. So, I ask for help. I just put 17's on my '87 hb and it left a pretty good gap between the tread and the fender. I don't want to go cutting my springs but I also don't want to spend a fortune. I don't race it or push it too hard. I just want a decent ride while lowering it just a little. My question is, what would be a good set up for my car with out spending a fortune?

It's not about wanting to race or push your car hard. It is about not having to live with getting your suspension wrong. Lowering a car the right way cost's money. But it does not have to cost a ton of money. Based on what your looking for, decent ride, good setup and not costing you a fortune. Here's the recipe.

$130 Neuspeed 1.5" drop from www.nopionline.com (softest lowering spring you can get for a 3g)
$212 Front Koni special struts from www.shox.com
$119 Rear Tokico H.P. struts also from www.shox.com
Total $461

It is a side benefit that the above setup, has a firmer sporty feel, not to much firmer than stock. The real benefit is a lowered car that rides and drives as if it came from the honda factory with a sport suspension.