PDA

View Full Version : Fuck!! Someone broke into my car!

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Well I guess it had to happen to me at some time or another. I walk out to my car this afternoon to go to work, and this is what I see

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/3E/7D/10209598-e069-028001E0-.jpg

http://a7.cpimg.com/image/3D/7D/10209597-63ed-028001E0-.jpg

And what you don't see is that they also took my big toolbox I had in the trunk. Nearly all my tools were in there (and yes, I realize now how stupid it was to leave them in the car, so don't say it). They also took all my CD's, as well as the cell phone (I don't really care about that though, I was gonna get another one anyways). It still makes me so mad though knowing some little fucker was in my car! Ya know? Well at least my renters insurance will cover the tools. I only have liability on the car, so their not covering the stereo or the door or anything, which sucks ass, but I can get by without that for a while. I'm lost without my tools though.

:mad: :mad: :rant: Ahhhhh!!! I HATE fucking thievs!!! :burn: theivs :burn:

Sorry, just had to vent a bit

Jdub07
05-24-2002, 12:47 PM
SORRY man theives such shit! I am still in the process of getting my car back to how she was. At least they didn't take your whole car! What sucks the most is wondering who the fuck did it...almost like they were just waitin jack your shit. Sorry about your tools I agree that's the worst!

:barf: theives

Maydnaella
05-24-2002, 01:28 PM
awww! that sucks! I'm sorry!!

offthahook
05-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
Well I guess it had to happen to me at some time or another. I walk out to my car this afternoon to go to work, and this is what I see

And what you don't see is that they also took my big toolbox I had in the trunk. Nearly all my tools were in there (and yes, I realize now how stupid it was to leave them in the car, so don't say it). They also took all my CD's, as well as the cell phone (I don't really care about that though, I was gonna get another one anyways). It still makes me so mad though knowing some little fucker was in my car! Ya know? Well at least my renters insurance will cover the tools. I only have liability on the car, so their not covering the stereo or the door or anything, which sucks ass, but I can get by without that for a while. I'm lost without my tools though.

:mad: :mad: :rant: Ahhhhh!!! I HATE fucking thievs!!! :burn: theivs :burn:

Sorry, just had to vent a bit

You hit the nail on the head-- sooner or later it does happen. I bet someone has tried before, too. I have an alarm for the simple fact that it is HELLA expensive to replace fucked up speakers, dashboard, door handles etc. If they're clean about it, you just lose your stereo and some glass. Alas, the peeps breaking in our cars normally are NOT good (pros if you will), but just kids looking for some quick $$. I was lucky cuz I had my face off, empty trunk. They broke the window ($40) and didn't stab anything. The $300 for an alarm is worth it; no one wants our cars bad enough to really work on bypassing a good alarm (unless you floss your tunes, which is your own prob).

MoonScryer
05-24-2002, 02:33 PM
They took my toolbox, too. Ugh, that pissed me off!

Yeah, get an alarm on it. They break the glass, set off the thing, it scares most away who would break into such an old car.

AccordChemist
05-24-2002, 02:42 PM
i know how you feel too. sorry though. guess the theif wasnt very smart and didnt know about the coat hanger through the top of the door trick....ive locked my keys in my car before and it takes me like 30seconds to unlock it with a coat hanger....shows you how easy of a target our cars are..

Mike89Accordcom
05-24-2002, 02:49 PM
I've had 5 attempts on my car, and all 5 times they fucked up my car tryin to get in, although they never did get in. Thieves do suck, but let me guess, you didn't have an alarm. To be honest that's just dumb not to have one. But hopefully now you'll get one. :confused:

OldSchoolSwap
05-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Shit man! This is not our year!:( :mad:

Longevity
05-24-2002, 04:29 PM
My car has been broken in 3 times(count'em, 3 times) :mad: within the last 2 years. Each time my car got broken in, it happen exactly the same way. All 3 times, the motherfucker would break the small triangle window in the rear passenger side. He then would reach in and open the door. After that, he would take his fucking time and search my car for valuable(not that I put any valuable item in). The 1st time it happen, nothing was stolen but I still had to replace the window. The 2nd time, my cheap tape deck(no idea why the want it) was stolen. The 3rd time it happen, nothing was stolen either. I'm suspecting it's the same dam motherfucker in my area that is doing it . After some many break in, I don't know why that fucking mother don't realize that there nothing of valuable worth stealing. Right now, I am using an alarm and the club in conjuction with the autolock. I swear man, if I ever caught him...

Oh yeah, my "H" logo on the front and back was recently stolen too. Guess our 3G is still popular even till today.

L Squared
05-24-2002, 06:22 PM
My entire car was stolen. A 1978 oldsmobile Delta 88. It sucked ass. Lost my tools, all my cd's and my check book. What sucked the most was that i love everything. Screwed up my entire liife up until this point. It's been a year this month. The bitch of them matter the fuckers wrote 8000 bucks in bad checks. And i'm STILL dealing with that issue. Once i recovered my car i rigged a cut off switch to maybe stop them next time. Once i get my bills paid off i'm going to restore her the the original condition. The only good thing is that i bought my accord to replace the olds before i recovered the car. So there's some good in everything.

-Lē

DBMaster
05-24-2002, 08:26 PM
Jared,

They stole the temp and fan control panel, too?

That hole under the door handle looks just like what happened to my passenger side door when mine was forcibly entered last year. They screwed up the actuator rod and ended up breaking the window, too. My insurance did cover it all, minus deductible. I fixed it all myself although I could not get the door perfect again. I did get it pretty decently done and the handle works right now. I didn't see that it was worth getting the $600 worth of body work and paint on the door when the rest of the body is 13 years old.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe. I think this shit only gets worse when the economy is in a downturn.

I still want a James Bond anti-theft system. Smash the window and the car blows up, taking the bad guys with it!

:flip:

Later.

87accordlxi
05-24-2002, 08:27 PM
that sucks!! and thats exactly how they got into my car too. just pop a screwdriver under the handle.

damackz
05-24-2002, 10:25 PM
yeah man i know exactly how u feel dude, car got broken into like a few weeks ago and i am dealin wit the insurance shyt right now for my stereo and system. But yeah man get an alarm i got mine now and yeah i think its a good investment, hope everything works out for u man and the thief gets run over or something peace! :pimp:

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-24-2002, 10:45 PM
Yea I'm still pretty pissed about it. I don't think they actually bent any of the little rods in the door or anything because both inside and outside door handles work just fine, the key works to lock on unlock, and the door still locks and latches properly. But a big hole still remains under my door handle.....grrrr :mad: . And no Mike, I don't have an alarm, but you also have to remember that not all of us have $300-400 sitting around to spend on that type of stuff -- some of us who don't have rich parental units actually have to pay for everything ourselves, and I would like to keep a roof over my head and food on my table, thank you. Ya know what I mean? And I also come from a small town where people leave their keys in the ignition with the doors unlocked every night, without ever a worry about getting stuff stolen. And there never was any problems. So this type of stuff never really even crossed my mind (sounds stupid, I know, but it's true). But now, an alarm is something I'm definitely going to save up to get. I'll think of something creative to torture any thief that gets into my car, heheh :devil:

Anyways, no, they didn't steal the temp/fan selector thingy, they just took it off (probably to get the stereo out) and left it on the passanger side floor, with the knobs in the back. I really am glad they didn't do any other damage to the car itself, like slashing the dash or seats, etc. A friend of mine just got his '98 Chevy Malibu broken into a couple weeks ago and they tore the sh!t out of that thing, which was on top of stealing his stereo and some other stuff. Anyways, the insurance guy said he was sending the check out today so I can go get some more tools, and I'll just stick the old Honda tape deck back in for now (if it still works, lol). I'm also very glad they didn't take the whole car. I love my car soooooo much, I would have cried and weeped for many many days, and would be forced to go buy another black 88-89 Accord LX-i sedan just like it, but it wouldn't be the same. There was no damage to the ignition switch though and my key still works fine, so I guess they didn't even try.

Oh well, I guess it could be alot worse. Sh!t happens! :rant:

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2002, 02:24 AM
we all need to start discussing how to really protect these investments... i know we have the audio/security forum, but i feel that we do need to address this issue in a mpore maticulous manner...

it is very sad that we live in this world in this time... in a time that we have to go around worried about if our houses are safe when we leave them... if we are safe when we leave them... and our families, our livelyhoods... everything

it's just sad that people are driven so much by GREED that they steal car stereos

if they were needy, they would steal what they deeded... trust me on this one

Derick

YK86
05-25-2002, 03:49 AM
That really sucks. If you can find the time, you can bend that hole close to normal again with some pliers after removing the door handle. The metal is pretty thin. The 88 on both sides had a simular indent so when I painted the handles, I bent the metal back to shape while the handles were off of the door. In my opionion, after talking to insurance adjusters and wreckers that frequently get stolen written off Hondas, one of the best things to do is get an alarm with keyless entry, shave the door locks, take off the inside door lock knob, and all the rods that would have connected to those two things. Then prying up on the handles wouldn't open anything and the coat hanger trick wouldn't work too well either. Also, a hidden shut off switch would help too. If thieves want your car baddly enough, they will get it no matter what but this should help in most cases where they just want the stereo or something.

Inabj2
05-27-2002, 06:26 PM
One of my freinds who is a good martial artist cuaght a thief stealing his car but the timing was great as he was able to sneak up into the thief. Lets just say that the thief at the end was begging for the authorities to arrive.

I find the best anti theft device is the Club. Wont protect your audio valuables tho. But it makes the car near impossible to drive off with. I park my car in a apartment garage so its safe there. But if i had a nice stereo and i plan to get one eventually i guess id take it with me if i parked in a place i didnt feel it was safe. Keyless entry conversion how much does go for?

Longevity
05-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Inabj2
I find the best anti theft device is the Club. Wont protect your audio valuables tho. But it makes the car near impossible to drive off with.

err...with the club, they easily defeat it by just cutting your steering wheel. What it does do is make them take "longer" to steal your car. Still, some protection is better none. I'm using the club, an autolock and an alarm on my car. Sometimes you have to be extreme when your car gets broken in 3 times like mine.

YK86
05-27-2002, 11:54 PM
I used to think the Club was useless since I saw a report on how easy it was to just cut the steering wheel but after talking to the insurance company, it turns out they will reinburse the $300 deductible if I had one on there and it still got stolen. Plus I save a little on my yearly insurance since I have a club and alarm w/ immobilizer.
Keyless entry will depend on your car. If you have power locks, then all you need is the $30 kit. If not, then you need the motors, rods, and extra accessories (no idea how much it costs) . To shave the front locks, you need to pick up a pair of rear door handles (from a 3rd gen sedan) from the wreckers (usually about $25). This trick will acutally work with most Honda's.

marc49
05-28-2002, 07:44 AM
has anyone ever thought of trying use the cigarette lighter as a kill switch? I imagine it would take some extensive re-wiring, but can't see it being more than wiring in a seperate kill switch. Plus how many people would think that the lighter was where the secondary kill switch was?

Of course if you're a smoker, this probably wouldn't work.. lol

jigga225
05-28-2002, 08:02 AM
I feel for ya man. It was stolen while you were at your house?
Thas bad when people can't come up themselves and they only think of jackin somebody elses shit.
If a bitch trues to jack my shit I'ma be waitin to give him his brain damage.
I got the avital alarm and a head-busta on my hip, which gives me burns on my waistline, cuz I can't afford a jack

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 09:42 AM
What about car covers? does that psychologically detter people from picking a covered car? As for taking the steering wheel off do they bring their own steering wheel? The wheel will still have a nice club attached to it. As for the guy that got his car stolen where do you keep your car? Man if only you had a video cam hidden to see who takes your car....

Sabz5150
05-28-2002, 12:06 PM
I'll think of something creative to torture any thief that gets into my car, heheh

Halon.

-5150 :bandit:

Chris86Lxi
05-28-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, if you don't mess with your stereo much, like the back of the head unit, then take a bunch of razor blades and Krazy Glue them to the back of your head unit. That'll teach'm not to fuck with your shit when the blood is pouring out of their hands.
That's just a suggestion, but kinda cruel, yet funny in a sick way.

Chris

TeKKnoTeKK
05-28-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chris86Lxi
Well, if you don't mess with your stereo much, like the back of the head unit, then take a bunch of razor blades and Krazy Glue them to the back of your head unit. That'll teach'm not to fuck with your shit when the blood is pouring out of their hands.

Chris

LMAO....then what, bill them for the reupolster with the blood stains all over? :lol

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Chris86Lxi

Chris
Heheh....not to sound psycho or anything, but when it comes to thievs (or rapists, murderers, drug dealers, or any other form of low down dirty scum), I really like that sick, cruel, tormenting stuff :devil: :D The Halon idea sound awfully tempting too, but maybe just a bit out of my reach, lol

Anyways, I did go ahead a buy an alarm. It's one of those ones with the little pager that lets you know when your car is being tampered with, as well as which part of the vehicle (it has a little LCD screen). It's also got keyless entry and remote start. Now I just have to figure out how to get it in (once it gets here).

I got another stereo to use from my mom. It's the one that was in her '94 Accord when she bought it (it's an old Alpine CD player from 1995). It doesn't sound as good as my old Pioneer, but hey, it's tunes (and I can listen to the CD's that I no longer have :mad: ). Now I'm just waiting for the insurance check to come in, and I'm off to Sears for more tools :)

gruvmstr206
05-29-2002, 04:06 PM
responding to a prior post :

I dont think a car cover would deter a theif from breaking in because they can just crawl under the cover and once they get in they can take their sweet time to take whatever they want without being seen

Justanothermike
05-30-2002, 12:34 AM
http://www.ctico.com/autotaz.htm

Stefi-blueLX
06-01-2002, 10:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear that man.:sadwave:
Torturing is good though :devil: I wish you
the best in getting your car back to the way it was.
I know how it feels my mom's 93 Accord wagon was
broken into, but all they took was the phone....
We tracked that moron down...the ass.:devil:
Anyway good luck:) :)

89AccordLXI666
06-01-2002, 10:37 PM
:wtf: I don't get it man, these types of people should rot in hell and pay for stealling our cars and stereo aquipment and what not. Damn Jared I'm sorry to hear aboutyour car,I didn't even know that happened, u never told me that while we were talking online, This is a fuckin shocker to me man. One u mess with 1 member of 3geez, your fuckin messing with the rest of the best. That pisses me off to have jareds car broken into. If I ever found the fucker I'd beat the living shit out of that cock sucker and make sure he'd NEVER EVER mess with a 3rd gen ever again! Damn bastard... Pardon my langauge but these theives piss me off!:mad: :mad: :mad: :flip: all I can say to that bitch is :flip: :flipa: :chainsaw:

smufguy
06-02-2002, 11:02 AM
i am really sorry for you jared. LIke u guys all said, i guess this dude is a dumb dickhead. Thats kinda fucked up when u break into other's cars. Why on earth they wanna fuck with our 3g??? get a 4g or a 5g. THey are advanced and worth some shit in the market. We do soo much into our cars having it come up and be competitive with all those fancy ass cars on the roads and they hit on us and rob us. damn they just destroy our lives man. God dam mf theives. When i went to my gf this summer, her bro had a tire rod for his pickup he threw in his shed. that tire rod, god bless them, is huge. YEp, hehe, took it with me back home. anyone fucks with my car, he better be fucking with the tire rod too.

njpeter
06-03-2002, 03:37 AM
I see it everwhere...they got me a few years ago but the louse knew excatly how to break the door handle ( screwdriver directly into the lock)..no damage to the door..he was watching me..I parked and put a bag in my trunk..that's what he wanted

smufguy
06-03-2002, 09:02 AM
long time no see peter. :) whats up man? we should meet sometime, u in NJ too. ur the first one i know lives in NJ

1988starter
06-03-2002, 10:49 PM
That sucks man. Personally I alaways take the faceplate off my sterio. I know it may not mean much but it makes me feel better. Also maybe when you get the new sterio you should get a removeable face one.

jaccord87lxil
06-03-2002, 11:27 PM
Fuck!! Someone took my car
thats it
joe

Inabj2
06-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Man my building didnt have a garaged parking lot taht is secured (Thank God) Id put my car in the fricking balcony. Id concort some crazy scheme to bring my car into the building into the apartment and set it in the living room that leads to the balcony. This scheme would involve C4 to remove major obstacles on my way up.... Such as walls and doors.

smufguy
06-04-2002, 07:26 AM
just get on one of those catepillar bulldozers, doze your house down, bring the car where ur living room was. and build your house around it. :flash:

Inabj2
06-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Lol Im in the 4th floor id need to earidave the fist 3 levels to make my apartment fall to first floor :stick:

James
06-04-2002, 08:14 PM
My car was broken into recently. No damage to the car. ALl they got away with was my ash tray and about $1.25 in change. Lol.