PDA

View Full Version : Quick pics

Maydnaella
05-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Ok, here are some quick snapshots I took before we took the car to the mechanics earlier today. I'll take some more (better quality) tonight though. :D

http://paperwin.gs/89dx/aella88lxi.jpg
http://paperwin.gs/89dx/aella88lxi2.jpg

pric
05-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Nice lxi looks real clean.:)

MoonScryer
05-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Looks straight and clean from teh paint reflection. Besides the brakes, anything else annoying? Oh, and welcome back to the family! :pimp:

AccordChemist
05-24-2002, 02:36 PM
looks very nice! i would peel that tint on the side windows off though, since there isnt tint on the rear....but as i know you prolly have plans for it....keep us updated!

Maydnaella
05-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Nope, it's a beautiful car. paint is new! weee! :D Aside from the master cylinder (which is getting replaced as we speak :P) the car is great. The interior is a little dirty but that's nothing. I do have plans to remove the tint though especially the front driver's and passenger's side (illegal). It's bubbling anyway, i'll probably retint and get the back windshield done too.

ahhhh it's good to be back!

gruvmstr206
05-24-2002, 03:25 PM
not bad, not bad at all

philendrick
05-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Your new car looks really good. As far as the interior goes, I borrowed a carpet cleaner that squirts, scrubs, and then extracts with a vaccum. I used it on all the seats and the floor. It made my car look really good, see... http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145 . Keep those original mats if that's what they are. Good choice!

Maydnaella
05-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Ok here's what I'm facing:
http://paperwin.gs/89dx/temp/drvrside.JPG

I dunno what this guy did but I swear he must have been a mechanic or something cause the black stuff is just everywhere. I dunno if this dri clean stuff will work but I already sprayed it all over (took the pics after). The seats look ok in the picture but they're actually kinda grimey. :P

More dirty interior pics here (http://paperwin.gs/89dx/temp)

And he had the original floormats which rocks but they're just as dirty so i dunno. http://paperwin.gs/anikaos/whattodo.gif

philendrick
05-24-2002, 08:18 PM
that interior looks dirty, but should clean up very well. You need some "Krud Kutter." You can get it at home depot. I used mainly water with some Krud Kutter mixed in That's what I used on my car. It's a pretty strong non-bleach detergent. You really will have to have a carpet extractor (not a shampooer) to clean that. Otherwise, the dirt will just sit there. There are some stores that will rent these cleaners, like grocery stores or home improvement stores. The right detergent will clean anything. Remember your car's carpet is more durable than home carpet, so test what you use, but use something stronger than "Carpet Shampoo" or cleaner

Bissell makes a machine that does it. Here is their description of "deep cleaning":

"A BISSELL Deep Cleaning machine forces a warm cleaning mixture deep into your carpet to blast out dirt and grime as built-in brushes help root out deeply embedded dirt. At the same time, powerful suction immediately pulls out the dirt and liquid"

These machines run as low as $99 to purchase, so whatever works best.

Promise. And Try cleaning those mats.

AccordChemist
05-24-2002, 08:30 PM
worse comes to worse you can always get brand new molded carper for like $120..

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2002, 01:39 AM
aella... does your car need a caretaker? i'm available for the position... you just have to pay shipping, you you can pick me up(all the way in florida)

i'll clean carpets, seats, a bit of custom interior work if you can give me space to work on it, i can do some engine work, and i can install anything you want me to

i will charge nothing, as long as you give me a place to stay :p

maybe i can get a job over there...

Derick

locknload68
05-25-2002, 06:31 AM
Nice car! That carpet shouldn't be too hard to clean up :)

Wanna give me that armrest? ;)

88LXi68
05-25-2002, 10:39 AM
woohoo another black 3g! looks clean

carotman
05-25-2002, 11:08 AM
Yeah the seats are ok but the carpet is...... eww.

clean that you darlin!

and like mike89lxi said, you can always get a NEW carpet for 120... you choose the style and color (I woild go with shag carpet)

Maydnaella
05-25-2002, 12:56 PM
lol shag?

ok i'll be there tomorrow Derick to pick you up! ;)

I think I'm gonna try the carpet cleaner sucker thingie today. Cross my fingers! I'll post pics later tonight!

carotman
05-25-2002, 01:38 PM
yeah a shag carpet!

You know the ones that are like 2 inch thick.... that would be pimp :p

TeKKnoTeKK
05-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by carotman
yeah a shag carpet!

You know the ones that are like 2 inch thick.... that would be pimp :p

LMAO Carot, that would be funny as hell, but you couldn't forget the fringes hanging down and the disco ball. :super:

philendrick
05-25-2002, 08:23 PM
I saw a stock accord once with a carpet that had a really thick pile almost like shag. Ever seen one of those?

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-25-2002, 10:55 PM
Wow....very nice choice on the car! You're right, the paint looks to be beautiful! Keep at those stains and they should come out at some time or another...lol. Ahhhh....how I do adore black 3g Accords :D

:bow: :bow: :bow: black 3geez :bow: :bow: :bow:

Good job!

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Nice lookin 3G :bow: , just needs a lill interior cleaning and some tint, how many miles does it have?

YK86
05-26-2002, 02:45 AM
Damn, that's in good shape! You have yourself a great car. Is it just me or do all older cars in Cali look like they just came off the showroom floor? Must be nice to live there. About 75% of the older cars here are rusting.

Maydnaella
05-26-2002, 06:04 PM
The car has about 150k on it. :)

I worked on the interior some yesterday but I think it's gonna take a lot of hours to get it in decent condition. The stuff doesn't want to come out! :-P But I did see a lot of black stuff being sucked by the steam vac. whew..we'll see.

thanks guys! :D

Bobs89LXi
05-26-2002, 06:56 PM
No Yasu, it's not an optical illusion. With the sunny weather and little rain, rust has no chance to take hold. The only things you have to watch for down there are fading paint, along with cracking and fading of the interior due to UV radiation. By the way Maydnaella, nice car. I'm sure you'll get a handle on those grime stains. :D