PDA

View Full Version : Which Aux Gauges Should I Get?

xbi0s
02-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Hey...

I've been starting to plan out and look for Aux gauges to place in the Accord.. I'm going to be making a custom holder for the dash facing the drivers seat, so I wanna get what I need now and then install

I'm looking at, for sure: Air/Fuel Ratio, Volts, Oil Pressure...

Any other gauges I should get or do you think those will do?

Soon enough, I'm going to start workign a hell of a lot of hours to get my car worked on and and get stuff done :)

Tax Return == New Paint :)

Coroncho80
02-04-2003, 07:33 AM
I see on your signarture that you don't have any mods on your car, so why are you trying to get all those gauges??? is my understanding that gauges are to monitor the stuff in you car, but If your car is stock, what are you gonna monitore??

xbi0s
02-04-2003, 07:41 AM
Im getting the materials for the CAI, going to be getting 2.5" custom exhaust tubing.. etc etc...

I will be working a helluva of a lot more now that school is ending soon enuff

I'd like to get everything I can done now, and the gauges don't cost as much as everything else will...

I still do race and you still need to monitor the accessories in the car... Volt is a nesc. now that I have amps and shit hooked up.

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 11:45 PM
yeah there's nothing worse then creeping up to the line and notice that there's only 11.8 V going to your 2 12's lol...

but Coroncho80's right... why monitor air/fuel ratio on a stock engine... as long as you don't have something blown under there who cares...

86accord4dr
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
i guess no one...
:P

dXsquared
02-08-2003, 03:57 PM
a CAI and exhaust doesnt need a A/F meter... and oil presure wont be a big concern either... but the volt meter is a good idea... maybe even a water temp gauge instead of A/F... the stock gauge shows hot or cold... not numbers....

i have a few mods and i am installing

VOLTS
Oil Pressure
Water TEMP
A/F
NOS PSI... NOS will be coming this summer or late spring

Travis

Y3G
02-08-2003, 04:51 PM
right now i got a
-amps meter(big stereo)
-a/f
-water temp(i had alot of over heating problems)
-oil press
and i want a apex-i rev-speed meter!

bobafett
02-08-2003, 09:00 PM
i have (not hooked up)
volt and oil pressure

i plan on getting A/F and oil temp. water temp is also a good idea i think. after that all i need is fuel and n20 pressure... :D lol i really wish i needed all these gauges..

86accord4dr
02-09-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah you should get a boost one too... :P