PDA

View Full Version : Damn F*king radiator!!!!

markmdz89hatch
02-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Ok, so my coupe's been "steaming" for about a week now. Just a little bit of steam/smoke from under the hood, not a big deal, it seemed like it was just a litte moisture that was burning off b/c it had gotten in the engine compartment. (It's been wet out for quite some time now.) So today on my way to work, it's raining, and b/c of a bad seal on the dist. cap, I've got to take it slow and avoid puddles. Not a big deal. But today, no power, it seemed like the cap was getting soaked even though it was only a very light drizzle out.

I pull over, rev it up a little to try and dry out the cap, and now that little bit of steam is a lotta bit of steam. I pop the hood, and look in where that steam was coming out, and just as I put my head under the hood, SPLASH, the radiator, at a random spot in it (not near any hoses, etc.) just spits fluid out, and it was aimed directly at the dist. cap.

So I limped home with, keeping the revs. real low, jumped in the hatch, and made my way to AutoZone where I proceeded to drop 129.99 on a brand spanking new radiator. I get home to put it in, and the sky opens up on my and takes a piss. So now I'm here at home, with a big ass hole in my radiator, and weather is the only thing keeping me from fixing it.

Nospeed
02-04-2003, 10:25 AM
you know they have radiators for $90 at www.radiatorbarn.com
i had a problem like that too...have fun taking it out! good luck mark!!

Grant2k
02-04-2003, 11:29 AM
take the radiator out of the hatch and get an aluminum Civic radiator for the hatch. it will fit with some fabrication (and patience).

Coroncho80
02-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Danm! I would of junk that biach already! :lol

Shit if that would of been the case, my Sei would of been long gone huh.............. :D

Sorry to hear that Mark, but you have nothing to worry about. You're McGiver with your cars! :lol

markmdz89hatch
02-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Grant, keep that idea, I'll have to pick ur brain sum'more in the near future. (Project Hatch...:D ) Anyway, yeah, I got soooo damn pissed off when that happened, that I drove down to the local "dealership blvd." to take a look-see. I came across an '01 Mirage coupe w/16K for 8G's. I went in, and they got it for me for 225 p/month for 60mo.

I decided to sleep on it before making any rash decisions, so I told him I'd call him tomorrow and either say YES or NO.

...so on my way home, I drove by a mechanic's shop and saw a Phoenix red DX coupe with a pitch black interior. Went in, asked if it was for sale.. ..the guy tells me "no, it's a customers car" so i'm like "well do you think your customer would like to part with their car" he thinks for a split second and says that they might be happy to get rid of that headache. $$... .that was music to me ears. So i left my name and number, and am waiting to hear back from them... ...fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

Grant2k
02-04-2003, 05:39 PM
good luck and godspeed. what year was this DX? i assume a 3g.

Chubs87Accord
02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
dang that sucks.. good luck with everything man

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 01:53 PM
yeah that coupe sounds nice. red and black.. my favorite. :)

Coroncho80
02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Buena suerte Mark! :D