PDA

View Full Version : car dosnt like starting

trikonx
02-04-2003, 05:24 PM
weither it be in the morning at night or at lunch time my car just wont start the first time after i try once i have to stop pump the gas a few times try again and if im lucky it will start that time is there anything i can do to get it to start up with out any problems or am i just doing somethhing wrong

Einstein
02-04-2003, 06:23 PM
I looked in the shop manual for you under fuel injection.

For "difficult to start engine" it says to check the coolant temperature sensorm, mainly of you have a check engine light.

smufguy
02-04-2003, 08:30 PM
it cant also be bad connection at the battery or bad main relay or even a failing fuel pump ( I doubt it though).

anchovies
02-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Turn the key to on position (don't crank yet) and hear for the click, turn the key back down and try a few more times and then crank that bastard up. See if this helps.
It might be the main relay.

greekguy7
02-05-2003, 05:22 AM
When was the last time you gave her a good tune-up?

The only time I had a similar problem was when it was hot outside.... it was the main relay.... but like I said, the problem was when it was hot out... not in winter.

The other 2 times I had such a problem it was due to a bad distributor cap and rotor. If your cap and rotor has more than 60k miles on it, I would say its time for new one anyway!!

1988starter
02-05-2003, 09:08 AM
I would check your plugs and wires along with ignition coil. Also if you pump your gas in an efi with the engine off all you do is open the throttle plate back and forth so if you want that gas pedqal to do some good push and hold it half way down and keep it their while starting then slowly let up.