PDA

View Full Version : dual carb manifold

mykwikcoupe
02-04-2003, 05:50 PM
I dont have acess to a machine shop. Could anyone make a Dual carb manifold to fit the a20a. I would hope to use 45mm dcoe webers. I dont mind spending money but would rather pass the cash to those whose take pride in there work rather than just another customer. I am planning the 750-1000 for just the manifold no carbs. Let me know.

dXsquared
02-04-2003, 05:53 PM
that is alot! you probably can get a one peice manifold made for that much... not just mix and match parts!

i cant do it... but im just lettin you know

Travis

mykwikcoupe
02-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Thats kinda what i am looking for. A one piece manifold machined or whatever. I ve read people getting quotes for about that so lets start there.

Sean
02-04-2003, 07:36 PM
hmm i cant do a one piece manifold that cheap but id be willing to make one for around $400-$450 with a perfect inside and outside finish. youd never know it was welded.

mykwikcoupe
02-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Well if it looked good polished that would be fine. I like the polished look but its kinda tough to keep living so close to the ocean:( . Have you made any manifold before. Did you need a template for the 45 dcoe or anyhting. How long would it take? Looking for a little info. Thats alot cheaper than I was expecting to pay or is that because of the common interest thing? Thanks

3G Jester
02-05-2003, 06:55 PM
if u give me the thousand ill glue some pvc piping together and paint it chrome :) you wont know the dif...heh...

3G Jester
02-05-2003, 06:59 PM
do you already have the dual webers? or do you just want the other shit around em? I would sugest gettting the webers (offline, ect) and finding a local machine shop in the area...get pics of their custom work...and have them go at it. Get something in writing though "if they screw your car up its their ass".

dont they make manifolds for the webers already? Or are you looking for some sort of custom piece......

mykwikcoupe
02-05-2003, 07:58 PM
I wasnt aware of any kits. Do you know who makes them? I dont have the webers yet but they should be easy to find for me.

3G Jester
02-05-2003, 10:04 PM
site has dual webbers.....username is "Site" talk to him..i dont know the full specs...but hes got em...

Site
02-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Sean
hmm i cant do a one piece manifold that cheap but id be willing to make one for around $400-$450 with a perfect inside and outside finish. youd never know it was welded.

I'd really think about taking Sean up on his offer. Gettin a manifold done by a machine shop won't be cheap (I paid $225, I think). With Sean's knowledge of what an engine needs and how a manifold can help supply it you'll be gettin your money's worth. My manifold required a LOT of porting and still needs a bit of work, I just got tired of working on it - LOL. Having it done right by somone who knows his stuff is worth investing in!

Sean
02-07-2003, 10:26 AM
yeah i built the rollcage in phydueax's car i do know how to weld and hes happy. i can buy th aparts to build it but its gonna be a week or so before i can even get started on it. i can order everything i need to do the job and i know where to get it at. thats not even a problem. i want the cost of parts up front then ill do the rest on COD. email me at

[email protected]