PDA

View Full Version : Security System in DX sedan?

89AccordNate
05-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Well, with all of my gadgets in my car, the security system is becoming a more and more needed thing. Does anyone here have a security system on their dx? Of course it cant have power door locks and stuff like that, but I can still retain the motion, and shock sensors (glass breaking, car shaking, etc.)

IF anyone has one, or knows of one that can work with my dx, let me know the name brand so I can find it and install it!

Nate.

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2002, 01:50 AM
this system never fails... it's by a company called viscous... thier D.O.G. is by far the BEST security system $70 bucks can buy

i got mine at this "humane society" place... it was 3 years old, but still very good when it comes to security

all sorts of colors and shapes are available, and you can "program" them to like anybody, or hate anybody... these BY FAR are the best investments in security you can make

Derick

Matty_StyLz
05-27-2002, 02:32 PM
:werd:

Yeah I've heard of those, lots of them are made on North American soil. I've got this one from a German manufacturer, called a Schnauzer. It's got a really high-pitched sound and it's small so it doesn't get in the way too much, easy to install too, just open the door and they install themselves.

NOTE: Make sure you leave the window open somewhat to ensure longevity. :super:

Jdub07
05-28-2002, 01:34 PM
I can suggest to you what NOT to use considering how much you have invested in your ride. Bulldog

CoAsTeR
06-07-2002, 08:55 PM
yeah bulldog is BOTTOM of the barrel. I use a Viper alarm system integrated with my remote starter (like 5 relays just to make her go)

staticpat
06-08-2002, 07:11 AM
if you get an alarm installed, will they also give you keyless entry? how much for a typical alarm/ keyless entry?

dj99
06-08-2002, 07:48 AM
staticpat (love your logo!) -

check out this other thread:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1596

dan