PDA

View Full Version : Can i change My carb to Fuel injection

Guyver007
05-24-2002, 04:52 PM
I was wondering if i would be able to convert my carb engine to a fuel injected engine.. Ive seen alot of Accords have fuel injection and have a bit more power, the fuel injection system i can get off any other accord with a fuel injection system from one of the accords at the junk yards , id just clean it out good and do it my self but i wanted to know if i can , and Would i be able to change the fron of my 89 accord dx hatchback to the civic type of front that has the headlights, i like the projector headlights .. anyway hit me back with any info thanks

Bobs89LXi
05-24-2002, 04:56 PM
It is possible. Talk to Carotman. He did the conversion last year.

Akuma
05-24-2002, 05:17 PM
dont do that swap... just get a nice V8 and get some motor mounts at motormounts.com.... it would be fast. :lol

1989 DX R
05-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Ha. Ha. Ha.

Ask Carot about his swap.

carotman
05-25-2002, 04:42 AM
Yeah, ask me. :p

Nah seriously, check the FAQ section and engine swaps section..

Post your questions there and I shall answer... I prefer this over Email because we can share the knowledge.

Guyver007
05-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Geez i was trying to figure out how to reply in the same thingie but hopefully i got it right. Im asking. Whats up with your swap.. lol And whats this about a V8? inthe a honda? isnt teh engine bay way to small for an 8.. No to mention where the hell you gonna get a front wheel drive V 8 then if you tell me its converted to back wheel drive then that would make it a back wheel drive V8 honda accord which until now if you did it has never been done. And id still like to know how the hell to make the corner lights clear, i saw one of the accords has it ... and the lights on my accord are very diffrent from the other i have the hatch back.. it has this Yellow turn single part thats sucks ass ...

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Guyver007
Im asking. Whats up with your swap.. lol And whats this about a V8? inthe a honda? isnt teh engine bay way to small for an 8.. No to mention where the hell you gonna get a front wheel drive V 8 . lights on my accord are very diffrent from the other i have the hatch back.. it has this Yellow turn single part thats sucks ass ...

the man is fucking with you ! :D :lol !

and the yellow thing is the normal ! the other ones are made for cars outside the us and canada i believe ! :)

MIKE

Guyver007
05-27-2002, 05:55 PM
So tell me does the change do any diffrence, is werth the change i mean i know ill gain some horse power cause i saw something about the carb being 96 horse power and the fuel injected model has 110 horse power, but i want to know if its worth it and will it cause any probs.. :huh: :chainsaw:

Minmax19
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I am wanting to know the same thing but as having troble finding the info can some1 help me please

88lxi-shortram
03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
:search: listen to carot and go to the faq... im surprised nobodys burned you for this question... lol if i would have ask this question i would have had a whole 3gee stuck up my ass by all the senior posters

Demon1024
03-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Lol @ 10 year old thread bump....

RAZR
03-03-2011, 05:05 AM
:search: listen to carot and go to the faq... im surprised nobodys burned you for this question... lol if i would have ask this question i would have had a whole 3gee stuck up my ass by all the senior posters

That's cause u kno better than to ask before u search lol

All u have to do is search efi swap and you'll get a million threads on it and then if u still have a question then just ask the question on here and people will be happy to answer it.

Edit: or efi conversion