http://images.cardomain.com/installs/300000-300999/300700_1_full.jpg

some interior. cd player, monitor, hidden dvd

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/300000-300999/300700_2_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/300000-300999/300700_3_full.jpg
Push Button Starter
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/300000-300999/300700_4_full.jpg

the rest of my pictures are at ...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/marioburke

i think i set it up right.......hopefully!!!

safeel
02-05-2003, 01:49 AM
That paint job looks fucked!!!!!
:wtf:
did u paint the dash with ure eyes closed or something??

DEFINATELY A NO NO!!!!

Mike89Accordcom
02-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Interesting, very intersting. I do like some, but then I ask myself what did you do to that car........

Jims 86LXI HB
02-05-2003, 02:16 AM
Well if you visit his cardomain page you'll see that he's trying to be artistic, to be different. I don't agree with the paint work on the inside or outside. But he must be happy with it and that's what matter's, not my opinion.

Curious, are those blatant konig rims? What size tire's are you running? And how did you lower your car? Oh, just how far north in california are you?

A20A1
02-05-2003, 02:25 AM
Thats unique... whats on the hood, cowl? I'm interested.
I think the interior would look nicer black like the outside. or a dark grey.

Coroncho80
02-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Nice.............? :confuse:

joker2
02-05-2003, 05:38 AM
I'm looking at your car and I can't say that I don't like it but I can say that it's different....... I like what you're going for but if that was my car I would lose the silver paint and go with the all dark gray with a black interior........:smokin:

89AccordNate
02-05-2003, 07:38 AM
What is this, the 70s disco ball 3g?

Not sure.

Nate.

88 Accord DX
02-05-2003, 09:07 AM
well you dont get points with being pretty but you get points for being unique which is better in my book. i love the push button starter and the power converter in place of the tray at the bottom.

MarioBurke
02-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Hey thanks for all the rude comments I appreciate them. Like Jims 86LXI HB if you looked at the web site first you would see that I dont have much money so i cant do all kinds of fancy thing to my car. second yes I know the paint job sucks, but I was bored one weekends and bought some rattle cans and just started spraying. its not meant for show. If I painted it Dark gray with black interior I would look like the rest of you now wouldnt I..........to answer those other questions I honestly dont know what Rims they are i just bought them. The tires are 205/40's. i wanted to go up to 45's to fill up some wheel well space. cause yes (oh another no no) I cut the coils myself. 2 1/2 in the front and 1 1/2 in the back for those who care. I live way up in Redding, its an hour and half north or sac depending on how slow you drive. ;-) actually the cowl on the hood is just a non functional scoop from a 83 LX Mustang reversed to look like cowl. I saw it in a Mustang and fast fords magazine.

Blue Impact
02-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Interesting car, Mario. Yes, it's different. Welcome to the board too. And oh, it's your car. Do whatever you like with it cuz no matter what you do to it, there will be those who'll be negative about what you've done.

markmdz89hatch
02-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey Mario, I think I might like the car. I'ts really not that bad, but regardless, I give you props for going out on a limb. I kinda like that silver ass, and I like the idea you're going for on the front. It's just that the front doesn't seem "grounded" enough to match the lines of the 3G. The wheels are tight as hell. I would stick with the 205/40 as they are the correct plus size. Going with 45 will knock ur speedo off a bit, and the car will seem a little more sluggish due to the increased overall diameter.

I think if you make that wedge shaped silver paint on the side come all the way to the rocker and finish with the same ange as the one on the ass, then it'll ground the car a little more. As for the over-fender silver, it looks ok as is for now. Overall, like i said earlier, props on going that extra distance. Some may not be all that fond of it, but like Jim said, if you like it, that's all that matters. That why our opinions are just that, opinions, not rules to follow.

As for the interior, i like the direction, but maybe a little more care in the painting process will make it look cleaner.

Keep up the pic posting, I'm curious to see it's evolution.

PS> Damn you for putting on that hood scoop/cowl. I've been searching the local junk yard every two weeks for that exact one. I want one! :crying:

Keep up the work

Mantis88LX
02-05-2003, 09:50 AM
i like it. nice job man!

87accordHB
02-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Man your car kicks ass..igore those neg comments. i like it alot. Keep on workin man. holla...welcome to the board by the way.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
I would stick with the 205/40 as they are the correct plus size. Going with 45 will knock ur speedo off a bit, and the car will seem a little more sluggish due to the increased overall diameter.

Pssssst, ummm errr aahh that's not correct;) 205/45-16 is the most perfect plus size match their is, it's almost exactly the same rolling diameter as oem. 205/40-16 is not correct, it's under sized, the speedo will be off a bit.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Car Looks Kewl! Don't worry the comments! Not everybody will like your car. Some people like their cars clean, some like show, Then you have kewl folk like me!! Who love the RICE.. So keep it up!! And I suggest you check out the Meet section!! Cali meets usually have good turn outs!! Plus Meeting ppl helps!! Good Luck!

Neuspeed87lx
02-05-2003, 10:39 AM
i think it looks pretty good.... i give you props on takin the chance on painting it yourself... what is that on the hood ?

markmdz89hatch
02-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Pssssst, ummm errr aahh that's not correct;) 205/45-16 is the most perfect plus size match their is, it's almost exactly the same rolling diameter as oem. 205/40-16 is not correct, it's under sized, the speedo will be off a bit.

Yeah, ur right if they're 16's, but I thought he was running on 17's. He didn't say, but I thought they looked more like a 17 then 16.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
Yeah, ur right if they're 16's, but I thought he was running on 17's. He didn't say, but I thought they looked more like a 17 then 16.

Oh jeez your right, well if he's got 17's, your absolutly right. If he's got 16's then I'm right. :D

Yeah if he's got 17's, definately DO NOT go with 45's, 40's are the way to go, the wheel gap is honda fault, don't sap your performance with taller than oem tires. Besides taller tires can have clearance issues just like wider one's can.

A20A1
02-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I wanna see more pics of the exterior... like what it looks like from the front and back with the silver paint.

markmdz89hatch
02-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Oh jeez your right, well if he's got 17's, your absolutly right. If he's got 16's then I'm right. :D

It's a deal! Lol!;)

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MarioBurke
I cut the coils myself. 2 1/2 in the front and 1 1/2 in the back for those who care.

You cut 'em eh? I was considering doing that this spring. (pardon the pun) has anyone else done this? how much work is it to get em off and does it fuck up the ride or what. i'd be interested in some info.

having said that i'm gonna go check for a "how to" on this before i get flamed

BTW. the paint job's a bit weak but artistic and i like the comment you made about if you painted it black and grey it'd look like everyone elses... good point man. wait til i go nutz with the krylon man... :)

markmdz89hatch
02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
It is not reccomended to cut springs, it's not really good for the car b/c you lose suspension travel while maintaining stock sring rate which means the likelyhood of bottoming out will be increased 4 fold.

Not to mention, it also puts more stress and demands more out of your stock struts which are not built to handle a shorter spring. This can cut short the overall life of the strut.

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 04:27 PM
yeah i supposed so... or else ppl wouldn't buy aftermarket springs. what if i got some j/y springs just to try it out. cuz my car is not worth putting koni's and shit on. just wanted to do something for practice

MarioBurke
02-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey thanks I do also appreciate the good comments about my car. About the Rims, they are unfortunately 16's. At the time the guy who sold em to me said it was the only thing that would fit on the car. Reason I cut the springs, I have a friend has the same ride and he bought the lowering kit for his car. his car sits lower than mine does, but it rides like crap. I didnt drop mine all the way down because I wanted the car to settle into the springs. after comparing my car is much smoother ride than his and I havent bottomed out except when covering speed bumps. but that was my goal. ahahhaha. as far as the paint goes I am just throwing around ideas. my uncle is apprenticing me into the whole body and paint trade so it will get better. I may end up matching the Gun Metal Rim color and paint in some ghost color designs. who knows. anyway thanks for the welcome. awesome. I want to check out some more rides so I can get more ideas.

Mantis88LX
02-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 86accord4dr
what if i got some j/y springs just to try it out. cuz my car is not worth putting koni's and shit on. just wanted to do something for practice

yea u can cut em or get lowering springs with stock shocks, i have stock shocks and my car is lowered two inchs, it doesnt ride that bad, but its kinda bouncy on rough roads, i just avoid those roads and travel the highway most the time.

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-05-2003, 05:58 PM
DUDE...I LOVE THE RIMS and yes i agree with everyone...dont really like the paint job but hey everyone gets bored and likes to try somethin different!

Grant2k
02-05-2003, 06:45 PM
your car looks good man. matching those wheels with the body color would be awsome. and that idea with the hood scoop is great. Mark, that would look out-of-control-awsome on your hatch. DO IT!

od2681
02-05-2003, 06:57 PM
OMG i got those exact same pedals

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 10:59 PM
i dunno about getting aftermarket shocks tho. cuz even the ebay specials are around $100 US. I just want to fuck around with stuff. I probably won't even end up doing anything... but i like the idea of seeing what can be done dirt cheap.

So MarioBurke, how much DID you lower yours? you said "not all the way" but that really depends what you think all the way is.. i'm sure some lowrider owners would consider even a 2 inch drop "monster truck" height compared to what they roll with

MarioBurke
02-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Well I not sure how it dropped. I dont know what the stock height is, but after I dropped it, the gap from tire to well is 2 inches. i didnt go any lower cause I didnt put a chamber kit on. I would like to go lower later.

hey if anyone has ideas (other than repainting) for add ons please tell me. I am always open to ideas. I just ordered strobes that I am going to put in the wheel wells instead of the convential underbody kit. i also just got the conversion headlight kit to use the silver halogen bulbs.

86accord4dr
02-06-2003, 11:58 AM
strobes = tickets

unless you're building a show car then go for it... otherwise i don't see the point

MarioBurke
02-06-2003, 02:17 PM
well this is true, except so is putting the underbody lights. Believe me I have been pulled over 10 times in the last 4 months. the only legal light and color you can add under your car (in california) is Yellow, and you cant have the tubes showing and it cant shine more than 75 ft from your car. That was advice from a friendly Highway Patrol. besides i would only turn them on while the car was parked.

86accord4dr
02-06-2003, 03:17 PM
yeah those rules are pretty lax compared to up here... so ENJOY

goldyaccord
02-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 86accord4dr
i dunno about getting aftermarket shocks tho. cuz even the ebay specials are around $100 US. I just want to fuck around with stuff. I probably won't even end up doing anything... but i like the idea of seeing what can be done dirt cheap.

So MarioBurke, how much DID you lower yours? you said "not all the way" but that really depends what you think all the way is.. i'm sure some lowrider owners would consider even a 2 inch drop "monster truck" height compared to what they roll with

So, your calling me a lowrider? :D:lol

86accord4dr
02-07-2003, 10:31 AM
um yeah... lol... but if there's 2 inches gap from wheels to fender then by no means is your car "slammed"

87accordHB
02-07-2003, 01:22 PM
which is bad ass man. I LIKE YOUR CAR. IT DIFFERENT AND NOT LIKE OTHERS. keep up the good work kat. keep us informed on your progress.

MarioBurke
02-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I am now at a temporary stand still. I gotta flippin "citation" last night for speeding and tint in the front windows. the officer is fulla shiat, but now I cant spend tons of money. BUT, today I think I am going to get those conversion headlight kits with the silver bulbs.

86accord4dr
02-07-2003, 05:03 PM
I gotta flippin "citation" last night for speeding and tint in the front windows. the officer is fulla shiat

Um isn't speeding against the law? And you can't have tint in the front man.. you can't blame the cop. Maybe he was an asshole about it i dunno.

How much was it for anyway?

A20A1
02-07-2003, 09:08 PM
... I gotta flippin "citation" last night for speeding and tint in the front windows...

I read that wrong the first time, and thought that you were busted for flipping the headlights up and down or something. :lol

Neuspeed007
02-08-2003, 10:51 AM
I like the look mario. First time i have ever seen a Push Starter on a 3gee! Hey keep the ideas flowin.
A good Publisher once told me (honda Tunning) Thats "When it comes to looks, a Little Crazyness goes a long way."
I back that 100%
8 outa 10! :D

nick~

MarioBurke
02-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey man thanks for the props!

Twisted 87lxi
02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Hrm....interesting......well, i've gotta give you props on the effort and ideas, but just don't plan on being voted best old school by any car shows or magazines. This car makes me want to :barf:

MarioBurke
02-08-2003, 02:06 PM
may not win awards, but at least I can respect other peoples cars and ideas. no need to knock it

Bobs89LXi
02-08-2003, 05:12 PM
I can say one thing about your car: It is different. It's not my thing, but then again, it isn't my car either. Whatever turns your screws. :D Welcome to the board.

87accordHB
02-08-2003, 08:00 PM
man like ive said before..i like your ride man...its a deff. head turner compared to come rides on here. not knockin on those rides that those cars might fall into. i have no room to speak ither but what im saying like once said..you went out on a limb and i respect that. i would like to see it in person. i just have to ask about ur screen, does it block your air vent? if so......i feel sorry for ur passenger:) also...how did u get that cowl too mount to ur hood? looks bad ass!

MarioBurke
02-08-2003, 11:15 PM
well my car needs a lot of work. specially with the paint. it is just a rattle can job. but i am going to work for my uncle soon at a body shop. The screen doesnt block the vent really. if there is one thing that works on good on that car its the heater. I just drilled through the hood to mount the cowl.