PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

MrPyromaniac
01-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, asked in the newbie forum but didn't get any responses, figured it doesn't get much activity compared to here. If this is the wrong place to post this then lmk and I'll get rid of it. I tried using the search bar for all of this but I can't seem to locate answers to any of these:

1. The door handle on the drivers side is broken and the lock cylinder is missing, no idea how it got like that. How do I
replace this (and where do I get the part) and is it possible to get a blank or different lock cylinder and have a locksmith key it to my key or from one of the other
cylinders on the car?

2. The radio is pretty old and I'd like to replace it with something that has AUX capability. I know I need a harness for the connector, but do I need anything else
besides that and the new radio?

3. What are the best floor mats for this car? Preferably looking for all weather ones like weathertech, but I'm not sure what the fit is like. I'd prefer to stick to
aftermarket or something cheap rather than hunt down OEM mats. Are there any that stand out as far as fit goes?

4. The rear driver's side door seal is hanging off the door in places and is ripped in the spots where the little plastic hooks go into it, is there a cheap replacement?

5. It should be visible in the picture, but the driver's side headlight is slightly tilted like it was installed imperfectly. Not a huge issue and it looks OK as is, but if
it's not a huge hassle then I would like to reseat it. Is there a guide for this anywhere?

6. The trunk door is not original and was taken off another car and painted. It appears to sit slightly more to the left than the right, and the gap between the door
and the body of the car is a little too wide on the right. I haven't checked the seal yet but similar to #5 is there an easy or simple way to attempt to reseat it?

7. Is there a guide to changing the shift boot? It is currently ripped and pretty old and I'd like to purchase a replacement.

Any links to old threads or advice would be appreciated, thanks.