PDA

View Full Version : white guage scans

Neuspeed87lx
05-24-2002, 04:58 PM
ive posted these before but there is alot of new people that may want these.......enjoy http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/wheelsway/2/074b8e10.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/wheelsway/2/07512090.jpg

Akuma
05-24-2002, 05:22 PM
cooool.. thanks for posting that... all my jpg's were lost to a virus

bobafett
05-24-2002, 09:21 PM
omg thank you oh so very much! i will be playing with this... *where did that danm photoshop cd go???? heheh

if you guys want i will post my ps'ed results for you guys to use if you so desire!

but i have some questions about how changing the lights to red will make the guage look, so i will definetly have to play with it!

HostileJava
05-25-2002, 06:38 AM
bobafett, do your temp and gas gauge go to the outside? I have and 86 LXi hatch back also and mine go to the outside of the circle instead of the inside.

bobafett
05-25-2002, 07:59 AM
shit, you gotta good point, i will have to go and look

when i posted first, i was at my gf's house, and now i cant see the images!!! :( lol... i should have dl'ed them last night (however they might not even be the same!!! hehe)

Neuspeed87lx
05-25-2002, 05:56 PM
yea i hear the hatch gas and temp guages are different...i dont have those scans though

bobafett
05-27-2002, 08:16 AM
damn, well i guess i will just have to scan my own... its not the end of the world i suppose...

how long does it take to get all the shit dissasembled?/reasembled?

assume that i am gonna take a while, since i havent done it before, and dont really know what i am doing!

Neuspeed87lx
05-28-2002, 04:50 AM
it dosent take very long.....i can do it in like 10-15 min . there is only like 10 screws that you need to take out

bobafett
05-28-2002, 09:20 AM
but i assume you have to take out the whole dash and the steering wheel etc right??? i have never been back there, so i dont know how involved of a process it will be..

could you let me know which tools i will need for the job??

HostileJava
05-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Actually you can just take off the gauge assambly.

bobafett
08-23-2002, 06:00 PM
AHHH thread from the dead.

but could i get some help as to HOW to take off the guage assembly? i havent tried yet, but i want to have a good understanding of what i am up for before i start!

2Fast_Fiero
08-23-2002, 06:24 PM
Dude, it is not hard at all, there is a post allready here in apearance about that, it can take me less then 5 minutes to take my guage cluster off, about 30 minutes to take the dash off, thats how much I know my way around, all you have to do is take a few switches off, 4 screws on the case of the guage cluster, then the 4 screws holding the guage cluster on, unhook all cables behind it, don't worry about the Speedometer cable, you can pull that off and put it back on, then you just have to snap the clear glass off, pull the bezzel off, pull the Tach and Speedo needle off, you can easily place these back into the right position, BUT WARNING, be carefull with the FT Guage, make sure you know where the needles are pointing, or your gonna go through hell like I am, I have to drive around with my dash torn apart just to get things back in the right position, I'm on a half a tank of gas and it says I'm full, when the engine is turned off it says its halfway on the temp guage, so you have to be carefull not to turn these around or anything, just pull them off and put them back on in the right position, then everything from there is easy, unscrew the 4 screws on the Tach and Speedo guage faces and your done, if you want the FT Guage face off, your gonna have to go through with a razor underneeth it with the whole guage off, cus that is held on by double sided tape, it would be easier to just install things quick without taking the FT guage off.

bobafett
08-23-2002, 06:51 PM
ok well i might give it a try later.

are there lights/led's behind the gauges? if so, will i need to block them off so i dont get eneven light glowing thru? and if that is the case, cant i just plop the new gauges over top the old ones, and not worry about taking off the old FT gauge?

also, can u find me a link about the thread telling how to take off the gauge assembly? i havent seen it~