PDA

View Full Version : Those additives used on rubber bumpers...

offthahook
02-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, so the whip is wrecked, BUT I'ma get an allover paint job out of it!! How?? Cuz I have a grip of used parts for the front end that will counteract the $$$ of new Honda parts. What are the catalysts called (there are 2) that allow for flex so I can hammer it home that I need both agents on the bumpers for they won't crack?? I don't wanna sound like a tool when I talk to dude about it. He's willing to work with me and I can suppply the parts and he'll discount the $$$ on the estimate.

BTW, all th estimates refused to use aftermarket fenders and hood cuz they said on our cars the finish/alignment is NOT smooth. They all said they have nothing against the AM parts, but in Hondas and esp. our front ends, they are horrible. A front end right side (fender, hood, headlight assembly, marker light, some core support) is $3600 .

89AccordNate
02-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Go to the junkyard and find the parts you need. A fender is a fender whether it is old or new..just dont want any rust on it. Everything you listed can be taken from the junkyard.

Nate.

offthahook
02-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Go to the junkyard and find the parts you need. A fender is a fender whether it is old or new..just dont want any rust on it. Everything you listed can be taken from the junkyard.

Nate.

I have the parts already:D . I'm getting a new bumper cover though and I wanna be sure to tell dude to use flex agent and whatever other catalyst/additive to make damn sure they won't peel. Some guys say you only need one or the other additive; I want him to use BOTH just to be extra sure (but I wanna sound like I know wazup while politely telling him).

nvrenf
02-05-2003, 05:56 PM
for the bumer cover you were right it is a flex agent deppendingon the mixing bank (brand of paint) he uses it might have a differnt name but if you tel him flex agent hell know.ive been in the collison/refinish bussniess almost 10 years and don't knw of anything else and im PPG platiam certified as well as sikkens dupont and valspar(House Of Kolor) and imsur if its a reputable body shop hell already knowto us it after all, they don't want u coming back complaning about it peeling!

offthahook
02-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by nvrenf
for the bumer cover you were right it is a flex agent deppendingon the mixing bank (brand of paint) he uses it might have a differnt name but if you tel him flex agent hell know.ive been in the collison/refinish bussniess almost 10 years and don't knw of anything else and im PPG platiam certified as well as sikkens dupont and valspar(House Of Kolor) and imsur if its a reputable body shop hell already knowto us it after all, they don't want u coming back complaning about it peeling!

Thanks and I'll just mention that. It is a very reputable shop, but I know they all will take shorts if they think they can get away... They use DuPont-- is that PPG and is it good stuff?? I'll post pics when I can.