PDA

View Full Version : Pwr Window Problem

Mannylove
02-05-2003, 03:15 PM
:( Folks, I just spent 30 mins searching and no thread seems to match my problem. Here we go.
The other day my passenger side power window stopped working. Driver's side switch nor the pass. side work. I checked the fuses and they r good. When I click the switches, I get nothing at all, no humming from the motor or anything.
I'd appreciate any help I can get to tackle this problem the "right" way the 1st time and not lose my patience.
I have a 89 lxi coupe.
Thx in advance,
Manny

1988starter
02-05-2003, 03:38 PM
I had that problem one of the retaining screws that held the window track in place bent and was making the window bind up.

88' Accord Ltd
02-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Maybe the motor died too?

MrBen
02-06-2003, 08:34 PM
I don't think the motor would suddenly die unless it was going really slow for a while and finally gave up.

AccordEpicenter
02-06-2003, 10:13 PM
check ur fuses and I have had a window motor die on me for no apparent reason, also check your main switch make sure it works.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-06-2003, 10:35 PM
I found out with my driverside window that the rubber tracking inside the door was off. So the window was stuck and no humming or anything and I put a new motor in it for the heck of it and that window switch module and it still did it and I took it to a friend and he fixed it in like 15 minutes. It might not have been the window motor or module but I just figure why not b/c I don't want to have to take it apart again.