PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Sound head unit color compat...

scandalcat1
02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
:bow: Hey guys,
I recently purchased a new stereo for my accord because I was looking for one with mp3 playing compatability and was cheap. I was strolling through WAL-MART about a month ago with my then boyfriend when we stopped in the car audio section. There was an Xtreme Sound Car MP3 cd player for $119.96 that had the basics that I needed. I asked him to get me that for christmas and I did get it (he was gone). I installed with an extra crutchfield harness kit I had laying around and to my astonishment, it not only matched the interior lighting, but also displayed ID3 tags and reads CD-R/RWs burned and tested by me from Nero and EZcd. Oh. BTW, it also has a motorized detach face and 40WX4. Bad side, 1 set of RCAs and has a silver facia.Sweeet

86accord4dr
02-05-2003, 11:57 PM
well good job. you've just done the first commercial for the Xtreme Sound deck... (what a horrible name)

so it matched the dash greeny/blue color? Cool. I especially like the reading the mp3 tag. that's hella cool. cuz then you can edit them to say stuff like "dumped in the driving seat by YOU" and then problem solved.

i don't think we have them up here in canada tho... i'd buy one at that price for sure. Anyways, welcome to the board. good to know there's female 3G'ers too. what mods you planning?

shepherd79
02-06-2003, 04:17 AM
one set of RCA should be fine unless you want to add amps and stuff like that.
i have never heard of Xtream sound. does it made by sony any chance?

Vanilla Sky
02-06-2003, 04:30 AM
it looks like my boss audio deck that has a screwed over CD player, and i was thinkin about getting one of those for the time being and giving my boss player away... if it sounds anything like the boss, i'd buy it in a heartbeat... the boss is, from what i hear, made by the company that builds MTX... correct me if i'm wrong

scandalcat1
02-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanx 86accord4dr,
Check out the Appearance forum for future specs and the such. Currently the tranny was blown (quick shifting a 00 maxima while with sum buds) and am using the old reliable '92 300ZX.

86accord4dr
02-08-2003, 02:13 PM
yeah i will. do you have a current pic of the 3G?

dXsquared
02-08-2003, 03:52 PM
we have those in Canada... well i do anyway... 199 99 at wal mart...if i end up buying it... i will need a 3 way crossover to seperate the pre outs

Travis

86hatchbackLXi
02-13-2003, 09:38 PM
um...i would never buy any serious stereo equipment from wal-mart. why didnt you look on ebay and get a real deck from pioneer or kenwood?????? probably for the same price