PDA

View Full Version : i got questions you got answers

MarioBurke
02-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Ok, gotta questoin for all of you. has anyone ever taken apart a PS2 and found a way to recase it in a smaller case. I have a PS2 that is in my car at the moment but I would like to hide it. but it is a bit big and I was wondering if there might be a way to make it small and still functional. if you know of anyone please tell me, I would really appreciate the help.

87DXHatch
02-06-2003, 09:18 PM
I believe in theory you could do it...

If I remember the diagrams right, the biggest chunk of the PS2 is the GIGANTIC heat sink. If you were to remove that, and find an alternate way to cool it effectively, then I think you could re-do it in a smaller package.

But honestly, this would take so much work and pain, I would just hide the PS2 someplace... like in the trunk with controller and RCA plug extenders... or in the glove box, or under a seat.

MarioBurke
02-06-2003, 10:10 PM
well thanks for the info. I dont know if its possible but it would be cool. I wanted a small casing because I was going to cut a hole in the dash right above the glove box. there is a gab between the top of the dash and the glove box. oh well just throwing around ideas. crazy like that

AccordEpicenter
02-07-2003, 09:51 PM
ps2's are very picky and fragile, you can try it but who knows how well itll work.