PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Accord Turn Signal Problem

Croft
03-04-2017, 12:40 PM
The right turn signal does not work on my '89 Accord. When I move the indicator to signal a right turn I get an out-of-tune buzzing and neither the front or rear indicator lights come on. The left turn signal works perfectly. When I operate the hazzard lights only the left hand bulbs flash but there is no buzzing. I removed both bulbs which checked OK with a multimeter. I cleaned and replaced the bulbs but still the same conditions. No right turn signals and still the out-of-tune buzzing when the lever is in the right turn position.

What do I check next??

Croft
03-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Weird. I took the Honda with it's non functioning right turn signal into Zemp Auto here in Mesa.The mechanic checked everything with his meter, took out all the relays and checked them. He talked with his boss and the boss told me all they had found was that it was not simple. All the parts worked but the signal was not getting to the bulbs. The next step is to get into the wiring and find the problem and that would take some time which they did not have this week. He told me to call on Monday and set up an appointment. While we were talking his mechanic plugged all the parts back in.

I Pulled out and a few blocks later I signaled for a right turn and IT WORKED! Now I feel like a jerk. He put maybe 20 minutes into it and did not charge me. Pulling the relays in and out probably cleaned the contacts. I probably should stop in and give them $20 for their coffee fund or something.

Dr_Snooz
03-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Nice!