PDA

View Full Version : 86 LXI Accord dies after running 5 miles apx.

slimsandoz
03-08-2017, 02:47 AM
My 86lxi has had a complete tune up, distributor rebuilt, ECU replaced, Cat gutted was plugged,fuel filter replaced. I am now showing code 13 baro pressure sensor. She starts right up and runs good idles at 1500 when cold and drops down to 800 when warmed up. Shortly after reaching this point it just dies and won't start.
Any ideas thanks

Oldblueaccord
03-08-2017, 02:44 PM
My 86lxi has had a complete tune up, distributor rebuilt, ECU replaced, Cat gutted was plugged,fuel filter replaced. I am now showing code 13 baro pressure sensor. She starts right up and runs good idles at 1500 when cold and drops down to 800 when warmed up. Shortly after reaching this point it just dies and won't start.
Any ideas thanks

You need spark,fuel and both at the correct time for an engine to run.

Which are you missing?

Next time it quits check for spark at the plug wire. Its easiest.

A plugged cat is a sign the car is running very very rich. The code might be telling you the sensor is missing or out of spec.

Dr_Snooz
03-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Of course, you can always check the flowchart on p. 12-36 of the 1989 Accord Service Manual (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtyhl48z5uftmt1/AAA0VFYqWyfZ35Nvudl0xk_Oa?dl=0) to learn what's going on with the code. The manual is for the '89 model year, but your system will be similar.