PDA

View Full Version : question about front bumper lip.

Chrome_thangs
02-07-2003, 12:28 AM
I've been shopping around junkyards for a 89 integra lip can't seem to find one except 90-91. Anyway my question is, i've noticed that our stock bumper has mounting holes in the exact spots as the integra bumpers. This leads me to wonder if we have stock lips for our Accords. (No, not the "just in front one that someone was selling a few weeks back). I'm talikng completely around the bumper. If not could someone offer an explanation for the holes?

Jims 86LXI HB
02-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Chrome_thangs
I've been shopping around junkyards for a 89 integra lip can't seem to find one except 90-91. Anyway my question is, i've noticed that our stock bumper has mounting holes in the exact spots as the integra bumpers. This leads me to wonder if we have stock lips for our Accords. (No, not the "just in front one that someone was selling a few weeks back). I'm talikng completely around the bumper. If not could someone offer an explanation for the holes?

Yes, your correct. Their was a factory front lip spoiler that you could buy as a accesory from the dealer. It's is extreamly rare (understatement). At one time someone had said they had a oppurtunity to buy a accord on a "mechanics lean" at a dealer and it had one of those factory lips. I never heard anything about the car again.

Chrome_thangs
02-07-2003, 02:01 AM
so is it possible to the dealer and buy one?

Jims 86LXI HB
02-07-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Chrome_thangs
so is it possible to the dealer and buy one?

Nope, stuff like that is long gone, hasn't been in stock for years. Sad to say. It would be a really long shot for one to be sittin on a dealer shelf gathering dust.

One of the online oem honda parts sellers does list the part number, (they do not have the part btw). It's under accesories.