PDA

View Full Version : underbody neons

NewAKI
02-07-2003, 11:57 PM
well my friend will be giving me 2 neons (front & back) till i get money for a full one...

well i got the transformer and the 2 neons.... can ne1 tell me a detailed way to hooked them up or kno a site that has a how to on it...

Thanks

AccordEpicenter
02-08-2003, 12:54 PM
hmm how many wires are there on the transformer, what brand are they too?

NewAKI
02-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Low Glow....

There are 2 thick black wires ( i think they connect to the neons) then there is the red power wire with fuse and a metal bracket i think thats the ground

AccordEpicenter
02-10-2003, 01:05 PM
yeah the 2 thick black wires need to be soldered together and insulated like a mofo, lotsa layers of black tape and stuff. One black wire from the transformer should go to one on the neon tube and the other wire on the neon tube should go to the other neon tube and the other neon tube should be hooked up to the free black wire on the transformer (all in series). Its important that you dont touch the wires or let them ground out to anything, that transformer is prolly 6300v or somewhere about and ill knock you on your ass if you dont repect it. Yes the bracked should go to ground and the red wire should go to your battery with the fuse in it, and you should put a switch in between the red wire and the battery if you wanna turn them on/off.

2old_honda
02-10-2003, 01:54 PM
yeah, neon is gay.

NewAKI
02-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks AccordEpicenter

Neuspeed87lx
02-10-2003, 08:16 PM
i just bought one of those kits with the wireless remotes... you can turn the kit on and off with the keypad... i got green

AccordEpicenter
02-10-2003, 09:34 PM
dude neon is pretty awesome... you obviously doesnt have some

86accord4dr
02-11-2003, 07:25 PM
i'm of the opinon that neon is cool when you go to a meet or a car show to finish up a perfect ride.

but too many stupid kids get neon under their hand-me-down shit boxes and wreck the image. The whole light gimmick reeks of "fad" in my books. Interior black lights, washer LED's, neon license plate surrounds, underbody effects... in 20 years we'll look back and be like... i though THAT looked cool? This should be reserved for cars you'd see on the cover of import tuner or something... not for late 80's sedans and shit. it's that kind of reckless gaudyness that makes ppl think of all import tuning as "ricing."

now i'm not saying "neon is gay" and shit like that. do what you like... who am i to tell you what to do with your car. I'm just giving my opinion. i doubt i'm the only one who feels this way...

AccordEpicenter
02-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I hate neon license plate frames, and im not huge on the washer leds. I like underbody neons unless you can see the tubes sticking out from above the car. I think if you have a clean accord that looks even slightly tuner theres no big deal, i just hate like 86 chevy cavaliers with neon... RICE is the word

86accord4dr
02-12-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
i just hate like 86 chevy cavaliers with neon... RICE is the word

That's exactly what i'm talking about. there's no need for those cars to have any extravagant shit on their cars

88 Accord DX
02-12-2003, 09:34 AM
the only neon i have in my car is under my dash on both sides just to illuminate the floor. i have an LED connected to my fog lights so i know when they are on.

86accord4dr
02-12-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah "neon with a purpose" shit like that can look hella tight. I love my guage neon that i rigged up. took the stock green out and put in a walmart neon... turn down the backlight brightness and it's slick. i wish i had the white face guages tho but i can't find any with km/h vs. miles and the scans that i saw on here just scare me to install. i don't want to have my dash messed up by my incompetance

AccordEpicenter
02-12-2003, 07:35 PM
yeah i hear ya guys. I see kids running around with purple neon and black light every where and it makes me wanna puke. I had a neon blue underbody kit that EVERYBODY loved, well except the cops maybe

Project-LXi
02-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Unless you got a really nice looking and fast car, then most people, myself included, who see that on your car will just laugh at you.

AccordEpicenter
02-13-2003, 09:24 AM
My car isnt fast but it looks nice when cleaned up, its not like rusted to shit or anything. Neons go well with beats too

Neuspeed87lx
02-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
Unless you got a really nice looking and fast car, then most people, myself included, who see that on your car will just laugh at you.

thats nice... just go around laughing at everyones car because it has neon...

86accord4dr
02-13-2003, 09:42 PM
well i don't think that's really what he meant but it looks a bit rediculous don't you think?

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2003, 09:39 PM
not really, if tastefully done neon can be super neat looking, but if youre car is already rice than it makes it ricier