PDA

View Full Version : should i sell for new?

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-08-2003, 09:21 AM
hey,
i bought my car with a sony head unit and 2 pioneers replacing the stock rears. should i sell that and purchase a better system or sell the hu and get a new one with new fronts? the doors are still stock. what speakers would you recommend for a tight budget? by tight i mean po broke outta work college student.

AccordEpicenter
02-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Umm id say infinity reference series, their cheaper than kappas and pretty good sq. Ive had pioneers and JBL and Blaupunkt. All sucked but pioneer was the best of em.

shepherd79
02-08-2003, 01:25 PM
i had blaupunkt and they sucked big time.
you can pick up some pioneer speakers at walmart.
the other thing you can do is get a job and save money for better stuff.

MrBen
02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
I have pioneer right now, and personally, they rule. They have great sound and can really kick out the bass for ghetto people like me without subs. Definetly go for pioneer.

smufguy
02-08-2003, 06:29 PM
i bought Lanzar for my 4g cause i was under tight budget. It was a direct fit with multiple holes in the basket. It sounds nice along with the Jensen head unit. and that is comparing to the stock sound. But in my 3g i have 4channel sherwood amp running boston acqustics on all 4s. They are the best in my perspective. Even compared to the bose in my aunts J30t. but the sound in my 4g is awsome. I dont have anything bad to say about them. and all i could say is that for 30 a pair and 65 bucks for 2 pairs shipped, it cant be beat.

AccordEpicenter
02-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Yeah Bostons are awesome sounding speakers, some of the best in the biz. Lanzar speakers have nice mids, but ugly highs, otherwise good for the money (nice n cheap). hey you know what they say, no highs no lows, gotta be bose...

smufguy
02-12-2003, 08:27 AM
i wont give anything in the world to part out my Bostons. THe funny thing is they dont make them anymore for auto. THey got bunches for the home audio though. yeah i agree with you on the bose, but i guess every car sounds different even with bose speakers depending on how and where they are placed. Also, my 4 bostons are run by Sherwood 4 channel amp so maybe its that too and i got the freq at 20. hehehehe, super base man.....