PDA

View Full Version : Honda power steering fluid

Leadpepper
04-12-2017, 04:12 AM
So my rack starts leaking on 85 hatchback, Order new re manufactured Cardone from Autozone, Drop car off at garage and tell them racks on the way and to be sure to use only Honda fluid and the guy at desk says remanufactered with the new seals they use it doesn't matter what fluid you use ??? Go to Cardones site and it says only use Honda fluid also so I call Autozone back and all they had was a Honda compatible fluid so I tell them to deliver fluid with it, ????? Lol, this is a reputable garage

JJ'sAccord
04-13-2017, 10:01 AM
mixed reveiws about this from what ive read. i ran the autozone honda p.s fluid for a while its good stuff just expensive for that small bottle. oreillys sells masterpro brand honda p.sfluid in qt's its alot easier as a new system takes alot of fluid 2 qt or something if i recall. always always always run honda fluid if it says run honda fluid. not only for the rack but also for the pump and the seals in the system they can breakdown from non honda fluids

MessyHonda
04-16-2017, 04:33 PM
use honda fluid or honda compatible fluid. the pump is pumping at 1300PSI and you dont want to use the wrong fluid. I have a reman rack but used honda genuine fluid. i know its pricy but it cheaper than getting the rack replaced again. a job il never do again.