PDA

View Full Version : well i got rid of my lexus!!

iiviasterp
02-09-2003, 07:08 AM
i posted alittle while back that i was going to trade my lexus for my service managers 91 civic hatch.....well he drove my car and was goin to buy a seville STS that we have on the lot over mine so i decided just to sell my car and buy his....well i put my car in the paper, and on thursday he had a change of heart and told me that he would give me his car and 1000 dollars! so of course i took it.....i think im gonna clean up the hatch and post some pics of it............im pretty pumped.....cause now i have 2 hondas to drive around!!!:D

MIK3
02-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Whoa man...what type of lexus was it, year, make, and model...

pearldrop
02-09-2003, 09:17 AM
You traded a 91 Lexus LS400 for a Civic Si? Why?
Maybe LS's aren't worth as much where you are but when I was shopping for one, they are all well over $10k and you can find a clean Civic Si with a motor swap for under $6k.

iiviasterp
02-09-2003, 10:44 AM
i had a 90 LS 400, it had 189,000 miles on it, the control arm bushings were shot and the oil sending unit is in the process of taking a shit....im 19, have my own appartment and have my accord, which i am in the process of tryin to get back in running order, and a car that gets 17 miles to the gallon isnt practical for me when i have to drive 40 miles back and forth to school each day....i probly could have sold the car for around 5, but this way i didnt have to hassle with selling it and all the bullshit that goes with dealin with people.....i wish i was alittle older or the lexus was my only car because its a great car.....but its just not for me at this point in my life........

86accord4dr
02-09-2003, 11:11 AM
yeah i remember that original thread. now that i see the whole fuel economy thing and stuff. i bet you're pretty jazzed about the sporty little ride. get us pics as soon as possible. but i swear to you if it has a whale tail... :chainsaw:

iiviasterp
02-09-2003, 09:45 PM
no whale tail at all.....just a big huge aluminum wing you can see a mile away mounted right in the middle of the roof.....:pimp: just playin....its stock on the outside and def gonna stay that way.....

86accord4dr
02-09-2003, 09:57 PM
sounds cool man. congrats!

i'm sure you will be happy with it... save the big-daddy pimpin for later in life eh? cool.

get us some pics!!

blazin3gen
02-09-2003, 10:03 PM
damn i love those hatches 88-91 i think are the best civic hatches cant wait to see some pics

Blue Impact
02-09-2003, 11:16 PM
I think '91 hatches are also the lightest of them all.

iiviasterp
02-10-2003, 02:29 PM
ill get some pics as soon as it stops f'in snowin here:mad: possibly by this weekend.......and yea id like to have kept the lexus but its just not my style right now......def like the hatch cause it handles like a go-kart and its pretty quick too...and ive wanted a hatch for like 5 years now....finally got one! and i keep my accord, which is still my baby and gets all my money :D

86accord4dr
02-10-2003, 04:46 PM
good to know you have your priorities straight... accord THEN civic... too bad the aftermarket doesn't share your view... but it makes things more interesting dont' you think?

iiviasterp
02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
oh yea the civic is gettin no money at all....maybe down the road ill put new exhaust on it but other then that........the accord gets every last dime! expecially since i need to get it on the road again before the meet in may.......

86accord4dr
02-11-2003, 04:15 PM
yeah i wish we'd do a meet up here... not enough support and too spread out

Coroncho80
02-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Post pics dude! :D

MIK3
02-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah, it would be cool to see comparison pics of all three (the accord, the sold lexus, and the civic)

AccordEpicenter
02-11-2003, 09:29 PM
youre gonna miss the Lex... you know you will

iiviasterp
02-11-2003, 10:05 PM
ill get some pics up soon.....its kinda been snowin here on and off so i havnt really had much time to clean the civic and take pics yet....the accord is in the barn at work with no lights on it and stripped down gettin ready for a paint job.....and ill probly take a shot of the lex just so guys can see it.......i know ill miss the lexus...it road so smooth and it was such a nice car, just couldnt afford to keep that, my accord, and my appartment...so one of them had to go, and since my accord is my number 1 priority that was def stayin....