PDA

View Full Version : help wit interior

89AccordLvr
02-09-2003, 11:21 AM
hey I need some tips on spray painting the whole dashboard and door panel. I want to know if those spray paints in the car magazines are actually good to use and will last long. Also does anybody from Florida know a good upholstery shop to get the seats and rooftop done in the interior. Please any comments will help me

Y3G
02-09-2003, 01:39 PM
i've used the folia tec stuff on my dashs. i've had no problems with chiping and flaking.if your going to paint your dash get the good stuff.The $3.00 no-name vinyl paint chips and doesn't adhear properly and has a tendancy to fisheye.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-10-2003, 02:37 PM
would something from an auto parts store work as well? (like pep boys) is it possible to paint your interior without taking it out completely. i saw an article in Super Street, where a guy had painted his interior without pulling it all out.

MrBen
02-10-2003, 05:15 PM
I went down to Schucks and got their spray paint and sprayed on primer then a few coats of paint. Hasn't chipped or anything. Looks good with Amor All too. Make sure you don't sand to much in your prep though. Then again I didn't use it on my dash, I used it on the console.

Twisted 87lxi
02-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I just went to Pep Boys and bought their $3.00 can of Plasticote black vinyl spray and hit up my interior w/ that. I did that about 2 years ago once i first joined up here and it's still looking perfect. It did chip in a small spot however but only about the size of a quarter and i'm suprised that was all that flaked off seeing as how i never even washed down my interior before painting it. I'd recommend that stuff from experience, and on another note, i never removed any single piece of my interior before spraying it except for my vents when i got those professionally sprayed white. It is possible to do it just be careful to mask EVERYTHING off.

MrBen
02-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Well I scrubbed my pieces. Maybe that is the key. No chips here except where I put the screws in. But no one sees that.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-11-2003, 06:09 AM
cool. i may try painting my interior. can you, i guess not paint, dye(is that how its spelled, i forgot) the fabric in your car as well. if so, can that be done on your own, if your willing to take that risk of course. anyway, i'm gonna check out pep boys, think there's one on my way home from class. ok, cool.

89AccordLvr
02-11-2003, 12:23 PM
hey ghetto accord what does scrubbed my pieces mean like sanding it lightly or something