PDA

View Full Version : Missing when first starts

somedrummerguy
02-09-2003, 11:26 AM
hey i need some help here...its tickin me off that i cant find the problem...about a month ago my car started to miss when id start it up in the morning. it would miss untill the engine got warmed up and then it would be fine...so i changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires....then for about 2 weeks it was fine and now it began to miss again when it first starts...im thinking its a vaccum problem because i would think if it was an electrical problem it would do it all the time...HELP please.

anchovies
02-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Fuel injection or carb?
This should be in the Technical section.

somedrummerguy
02-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Carb
thanks for lettin me know that it was in the wrong section

Grant2k
02-10-2003, 07:04 AM
my car does that and i was just getting ready to do those same things. they need to get done anyway but now i am wondering if it will stop the missing for me anyway. damn.

GreenMachine
02-10-2003, 10:32 PM
I'd say it would be someknid of vacumn issue - hopefully the carb pros can help ya

Grant2k
02-10-2003, 10:52 PM
i may have to consult one of them because of another problem. even in this really cold weather, when i start the car it doesn't rev real high on choke like it should. it sits there at like a bit over 1000 missing and running rough until it warms up. them it idles fine. if i turn it off and come back and start it in like 5 minutes, it will race like hell even though the car is already warmed up.

smufguy
02-11-2003, 06:44 AM
thats the choke Grant. Seems like NJ weather is beating down all those carbs huh? :D