PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator

dXsquared
02-09-2003, 11:28 AM
i have a weber... i also have a hi flow fuel pump from a muscle car... if i add the pump to the line... what will i need for my car? i was thinkin a adj. FPR... i cant find them... only for EFI cars... so where do i get one and how much? i dont wanna spend a fortune... but i really wanna upgrade

Travis

79EK1
02-09-2003, 11:49 AM
You'll need a regulator to control the pressure in the 1-4 psi range. Holley makes them, and I'm sure others do. If the pressure is too high, it will push the needle off its seat and flood the fuel bowl. The link shows the standard Holley, but any quality regulator in the same range will do.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=7734

dXsquared
02-09-2003, 12:00 PM
how do i hook that shit up? do i have to run the anodized fittings and huge stainless lines?
where is the gauge? is there one on summit that will work with it?
Travis

A20A1
02-09-2003, 03:00 PM
It depends how much PSI the pump you have is pushing out in the first place... hopefully you won't need a return line.

anyways the threaded part of the regulator is for you to add the brass nipples to connect the fuel lines. The weber uses 3/8" fuel line and our hard line is 3/8" from the tank. So you place the regulator between the hard line and the carb.

2old_honda
02-09-2003, 03:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402958508&category=35625

dXsquared
02-09-2003, 04:40 PM
thanks

Travis

A20A1
02-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Thats what the dial in FPR looks like, the purolator.
I don't trust the dial in style of FPR
Go with the Holley one posted above..

2old_honda
02-09-2003, 09:54 PM
lol, I didnt even notice that. Go with the Holley

79EK1
02-09-2003, 10:25 PM
That Holley regulator I linked to has three ports. The fuel goes in the bottom, and can come out of either side of the regulator. Normally, you buy the fuel gauge and attach it to one side, and the hose barb to the carb on the other. If you don't want to use a gauge, plug off the extra hole.

A20A1
02-09-2003, 11:53 PM
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSCA/Access.html#Gauges

check out the link for gauges.... though most of them use a 1/8" instead of 3/8".

lostforawhile
12-28-2005, 08:09 PM
don't add any more comments on this old thread,but just wanted to post some info, according to the folks at pierce the proper pressure for a webber setup is 2-3 psi so even with a factory pump you should run a regulator,remeber with a carb it's fuel quantity not pressure thats important. it only has to be able to flow fuel fast enough to fill the float bowl and keep it filled. pressure means nothing to a carb. I have the pressure regulator from summit that was mentioned, there is a standard holley regulator which is not low enough,and a special low pressure regulator which they can order. it will accept standard npt fittings,if you want to use barbed connections and hose clamps.I also have te norskog fuel pressure gauge which is digital,it's the same size as a standard aftermarket gauge and uses a remote pressure sender that goes under the hood. never ever run the line from a regulator directly to a fuel gauge in the car!! if you want a mechanical gauge in the car there are isolators made that keep the fuel under the hood. they pressurize the line with an antifreez mixture. I have this setup in case i ever do my webber conversion,and there are pics of it on my car domain site. feel free to pm me or email if you need help with a regulator setup like this. glad to help you. :)