PDA

View Full Version : damper fork & driveaxle

mzabeefy
02-09-2003, 12:14 PM
is it possible to remove the passenger side driveaxle without removing the damper fork? by the looks of it it looks like you can just maneuver through it.. but has anyone done this? if possible i would like to avoid removing the fork(the pinch bolt's head is broken off, the bottom bolt is frozen.. ugghh) thanks! :D

2old_honda
02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
if you disconnect the hub from the lower ball joint and then remove the 3 bolts that hold the strut/shock assembly to the strut tower, you should be able to pull the strut/shock assembly down and swing the hub out far enough to remove the axle.

mzabeefy
02-09-2003, 04:52 PM
thanks i'll try that this weekend

locknload68
02-09-2003, 07:11 PM
The CV joints will not fit through the fork.

88WhiteLX-i
02-09-2003, 07:14 PM
YES THERE IS A WAY!! just CAREFULLY take the CV shaft apart and it'll fit right through. Take the shaft apart where it goes into the transmission. I saw my mechanic do it and it works, just be careful not to break the sliding bracket that hold the boot on.

AccordEpicenter
02-10-2003, 01:25 PM
yeah you can do that, but its usually easier to get the bolt off than to take apart the inboard cv...

Site
02-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 88WhiteLX-i
YES THERE IS A WAY!! just CAREFULLY take the CV shaft apart and it'll fit right through. Take the shaft apart where it goes into the transmission. I saw my mechanic do it and it works, just be careful not to break the sliding bracket that hold the boot on.
I've done this way. It works. That's how I removed the axles when I replaced my clutch. Be very careful to keep the inner CV assembly clean - completely free of dust/dirt/debris. If it gets "contaminated", then you'll be replacing it soon.