PDA

View Full Version : help

HVerLX
02-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Do you guys know where the fuel pump is on a 1987 Honda Accord 4DR Sedan.

A20A1
02-09-2003, 07:18 PM
In the fuel tank... it's right behind the read seat under the carpet... then you will see 2 large metal caps/lids with a ring of sticky tar holding them down... you need to open the one on the drivers side of the car, pry the lid off with a screw dirver to get to the top portion of the fuel pick-up assembly...
before you remove the assembly to get to the pump, mark the position of the assembly so you can reinstall it at the same angle.

88WhiteLX-i
02-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Buy the book on your car and it'll tell you everything, it's either right next to the tank or it's in-tank.

BoredRec
02-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Why do you need to replace the fuel pump? Rarely do those things go bad, and usually go bad if an idiot mechanic misdiagnoses a problem and installs a shitty aftermarket pump, trying to fix it. Last month I had a civic in the shop that wouldn't run. The mechanic before me installed a crappy pump and it didn't fix the problem. So not only did I have to replace the main injector (original problem) I had to get a used OEM pump from the junkyard cuz the aftermarket one sucked (actually it didn't, that was the problem...haha, play on words...I'll be here all night!).

HVerLX
02-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Well im getting no gas upto the carb i pulled the front filter off and it still was getting no air or gas. so today im going to pull off the rear filter. thanks

yaxley
02-12-2003, 11:14 AM
I had a gas delivery problem once it was the fuel relay. check the power with a tester light if the light lights up fuelpump if it does not light up relay is the prob. My fix was to run a new power line you can hook it to a switch(I did) or to a switched power source hope that helps you out.

yaxley
02-12-2003, 11:18 AM
ps to run the test ignition needs to be in the on position.