PDA

View Full Version : Sound Damping

88 Accord DX
02-09-2003, 04:25 PM
my system hits hard but the buzzing coming from the back annoys me. Im planning on getting some damping material but after shopping around i'm a bit undecided as to what to get. ive seen mats, paste, and stuff in a spray can. which is the best to get? i still dont know all the places ill ned to put it but i know the trunk lid and liscnese plates will need it. also inside the car at the very back will need it but i dont know exactly where. i like the paste because it can be molded, sanded and painted which gives me alot of customization ideas but it will also be harder to work with. any help and past expierences will be appreciated.

HVerLX
02-09-2003, 04:44 PM
The buzing is probly ignition noise you need a filter you can pick one up from walmart is it a high pitch squel kind of? if it is thats what you need.

88 Accord DX
02-09-2003, 04:44 PM
uhh no its from the bass hitting making my car rattle

TJ89Accord
02-09-2003, 05:00 PM
check your liscence plate, or the 3rd brake light. those are usually rattlers.

tim

dXsquared
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
i was just gonna say that his reply was so wrong! he obviously has no clue what bass is and he shouldnt be telling you to get shit for no purpose! that is the polution on this site! un knowlageable people like him!

go with a deadener sheet... like BROWN BREAD or B QUIET... they can be had for like 1.50 a sq ft...

Travis

88 Accord DX
02-09-2003, 05:11 PM
ive already moved the brake light back about 3/8" so its not a problem. i guess ill go with the sheets like Travis said.

RobT5580
02-09-2003, 05:36 PM
I tried the stuff in a can and it seemed ok but the nozzle kept clogging and ended up draining the air from the can so i didnt get all the product out. I have used dynamat which was great but very expensive when i did it. Im planning on trying the Vblock that you spray on but with an air compressor and gun. This way i dont have to worry about the cans and i can spray it where ever i need it.

shepherd79
02-10-2003, 04:18 AM
look on ebay. they have all kinds of stuff

yaxley
02-10-2003, 06:54 AM
I would say for the licence plate I found that if you cut a chunk of foam out of the bottem of your back seat and sandwich it between your plate and the trunk problem solved and for free. I also put that mono expanding foam in the hollow braces of the trunk lid and between the trunk lid and the plastic piece that holds your licence plate. I also used a 4square foot sheet of dynomat cut to fit all the spaces betweem the braces but if you use the spray it will probable look cleaner and sound should be about the same as my combo. Also if you have a sedan you are probably geting a rattel from the 2 rods just under the rear deck the rattel allot when you pump big bass so put more foam there. peace

AccordEpicenter
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
yeah your 3rd brake light is a big deal, i broke mine 2x when bumpin, as well as the 6x9 mounts. I took about 5 cans of spray foam and sillicone and foamed everything and it rattles worlds less than my friends 94 cavalier with xtreme dynamat

88 Accord DX
02-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 88 Accord DX
ive already moved the brake light back about 3/8" so its not a problem.

i have moved the damn brake light it is no longer a problem. but thanks for the response.

AccordEpicenter
02-12-2003, 10:36 PM
also, spray foam the shit out of the back deck where the back speakers are. Ive got a can or 2 of foam in it and it still rattles like a mofo