PDA

View Full Version : what's the opinion

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-10-2003, 05:07 AM
just wanted to know, what is your opinion of Rockford Fosgate systems? i'm looking into replacing the 2 pioneers in the back and replacing the Sony hu with maybe a jensen. what is your opinion. i went to crutchfield.com to look for components that would fit my 89 lxi. so what's the opinion?:stick:

88 Accord DX
02-10-2003, 06:02 AM
i like fosgate subs and amps. i havent heard any other components so i cant help you there.

87DXHatch
02-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Rockford makes quality stuff... as long as you don't go with their bottom-of-the-line stuff. However, Rockford is horrendously overpriced because they are one of the "big names" in car audio.

They are good, but you can find better, for cheaper.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-12-2003, 04:22 PM
what's better for cheaper. who do you recommend?

dXsquared
02-12-2003, 04:54 PM
dont get a JENSEN deck... if you want subs and amp, i have some for you... and a box too... i also have a deck...

PM me for details and i can give you some details...

leave a MSN or AIM address if you have one

Travis

88 Accord DX
02-12-2003, 05:31 PM
yeah buy Travis's stuff. if i had the money i would get it. its good quality stuff at a low price.

87DXHatch
02-12-2003, 08:26 PM
...or don't buy Travis's stuff if you want REAL quality stuff... since when is Jensen synonymous with quality??

For head units, get an Alpine, Pioneer, JVC, Clarion, Eclipse... good quality builds on their head units.

For speakers, I wouldn't really mess with your back speakers, if they're pioneer and you are fine with how they sound... back speakers are nowhere near as important as front speakers in a realistic car audio set-up.

If you're looking for new front speakers, get some Crystals or CDT's... they are some of the best for the money IMO.

For subs check out www.edesignaudio.com and www.adireaudio.com for some subs that are really cheap but unbelievably nice.

86hatchbackLXi
02-13-2003, 09:34 PM
rockford fosgate is popular for some reason, but i have no idea why. as far as head units, pioneer premier units are the best, and for the rear speakers i would use infinity's or polks.