PDA

View Full Version : Missing when first starts

somedrummerguy
02-10-2003, 05:50 AM
hey i need some help here...its tickin me off that i cant find the problem...first of all my engine is carb engine..about a month ago my car started to miss when id start it up in the morning. it would miss untill the engine got warmed up and then it would be fine...so i changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires....then for about 2 weeks it was fine and now it began to miss again when it first starts...im thinking its a vaccum leak some where because i would think if it was an electrical problem it would miss it all the time...HELP please.
Sorry had this in the wrong section thanks for lettin me know

anchovies
02-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Actually it should be in the Carb section...no just kidding :D Post where you like.

How bad is a miss miss? Fluctuating? Or just tach kinda jumpy a little? Only when you put it in gear or at idle or both?
Check your vacumm lines, spray some carb cleaner on it and see if the miss is better.
Might be the distributor also.

AccordEpicenter
02-10-2003, 01:18 PM
make sure your choke is functioning

somedrummerguy
02-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Yep ive checked all of those...heres the rundown of the morning routine...it starts up, for like 2 seconds it runs fine..then it starts to miss...miss miss miss..misses when its idleing...in gear whatever..still misses..oh boy its starting to warm up...it runs fine nowive cleaned the carb.. checked vaccum lines and the choke is working....just been updated it takes too long for the choke to come off...it turns off but it takes too long...i just dont know what switches control the choke...i know its kinda confusing but thats my situation...hopefully i havent missed anything...thanks

Steve