PDA

View Full Version : Tokico Springs for a 90-93 Accord?

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
02-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi Guys:

Someone on Ebay is selling a set of Tokico springs for a 90-93 Accord. The springs lower the stock 90-93 accord by 1.5 inches. I know that the springs on the 4th gen accord are longer than those on our 3rd gen. If I use these springs on my car, will my car remain at the stock height for the 3rd gen Accord or is this too large of a drop, even for a 4th gen Accord?

Thanks,
Claude

Jims 86LXI HB
02-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Best way to explain it is to imagine the front being lowered maybe a 1/2inch or so and the rear being the full 1.5" drop, not pretty is it;)

You can buy 3rd gen tokico lowering springs from the factory for only like $50, but their only 1 inch and they are not the softest lowering spring and any lowering spring will need upgraded struts to try and ride like factory.

Best possible combo to get as close to a factory ride as possible would be neuspeed springs from nopi for $130, and Koni struts, $424 from shox.com (you can run rear tokico struts if you want to save $93). Any other combo will have a firmer (or stiffer) ride.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
02-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Mouahahaha!!

I think I'll pass on those springs. Man, if I actually install them and put some wings on the car, I might be able to take flight. It's always funny to see the cars that are overloaded in the rear with the rear bumper almost touching the pavement. LOL

Claude:D