PDA

View Full Version : Hood won't shut!

Chrome_thangs
02-10-2003, 01:37 PM
I just went and got a hood off of an 87 accord. (mines warped) It fit perfectly and i closed it and went home. When i got home i noticed it sticking up a little like i pulled the trunk pop. So, i try to close it and it's not catching the latch. It's closing enough for the safety to catch but not all the way. Can anyone help? Are hoods universal through the 3rd gen?

SiR
02-10-2003, 01:47 PM
How did it warp, was it in an accident?
All hoods are universal so they shold fit in, thats if the latch bracket was never bent. There is like a little "J" hook that when you close that all the way, it locks it in, thats what the realese handle is connected to.

AZmike
02-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Loosen the bolts that hold on the latch assembly and try sliding the latch up a little. Are you sure that the hood is bolted on the hinges in the correct spot to put the hood in the right forward-backward position?

Chrome_thangs
02-10-2003, 03:10 PM
O.K. Weird shit.

I took of that bracket on the front of the radiator that holds the catch. It was bent so i bent it back into place and put it back on. The hood closes great now but, when you go to pull the release lever it won't pop. There is hella slack in the cable too. I tried to use a pair of pliers to pull on the cable but it didn't work. Any ieas? Will i have to get a new hood release cable?

MrBen
02-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Mine doesn't pop up either, but I think the guy who had the car before me hit something because the hood is pushed up slightly. There's nothing wrong with it I guess, just something I have to deal with.

Chrome_thangs
02-10-2003, 05:23 PM
So how do you work on your engine?

MrBen
02-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Um, You pull the hood up.

A normal hood latch on a 3rd Gen POPS when you pull the latch. Mine does not. I have to pull the hood up myself after I pull the latch.

Chrome_thangs
02-10-2003, 09:17 PM
oh, misunderstood you