PDA

View Full Version : new paint

jays87
02-10-2003, 02:17 PM
ok yea i no this thread should have a pic but my friend has the digi and he is outta town but i will explain it lol

my car is going into votech tomorrow to be painted by me(great ima mess this up haha) ok so any way i am paintin it black wit an orange pearl. i am only paintin it for 32 dollars cause thats all i had to pay but as soon as the car is done i will have pics of it

jason

guaynabo89
02-10-2003, 04:30 PM
I suggest you paint it the stock color and prep the car very well and make sure you put flex agents in the paint. Reading vo tech jobs usually only last a couple of months.

Not to question your skills but consider well what you're doing cause a couple of months down the line you won't be satisfied with what you have.

Are you doing a base coat / clear coat? If you do anything else you wont be satisfied.

jays87
02-10-2003, 06:36 PM
well i been in the program for 3 years an we painted a civic two tone green( a forest and a mercedes green) it turned out very very goo untill his car got boosted but i been paintin shit for two years we got everything down really well the leesport campu has the best equipment outta the two campuses and thats where i am painting it. But yea i am doing a sealer and then base and then clear i am thinkin going two coats bas and three clear.

jays87
02-10-2003, 06:40 PM
sry bout this but wut u mean if i do aything else i won be satisfied?

pearldrop
02-10-2003, 06:52 PM
He means you won't be happy with a single stage paint.

The school pays for paint too? $32 won't even pay for the masking.

jays87
02-11-2003, 02:14 PM
no see my friend painted his cavialer and he has a gallon of paint left and he is giving it to me and then i am using the clear coat that we have in the shop and all the tape and paper so all i am payin is $32 :tongue:

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-11-2003, 03:30 PM
LUCKY!!!............post pics here ASAP!!