PDA

View Full Version : Loud whistling sound

87accordlxph
02-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey guys,

Every morning when I start my car and let it warm up it tends to whistle really loud.
Sometimes after it has warmed up and idle becomes stable at 900 rpm, I open the hood give her gas a l hear that freekin whistle again? :wtf: could that be? I'm totally baffled!
It's not the PCV vlave either. I think I posted this one before but I don't think I got a solution to this strange prob.

So any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks all.

-Mike

bobafett
02-10-2003, 03:22 PM
i think this is the answer

http://lisupras.com/wooo.html

anway i cant offer any advice but hte sound board is fun to play with! :D

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Generally whistling sounds from the engine are caused by loose belts. When the belts are cold, they slip sligthly at start-up but once they warm up more they grip better. This could also explain why you hear the noise when you throttle up the engine once it is warm.

Hope this helps.

SiCReX
02-10-2003, 08:02 PM
my intake whistles when i step on the gas, its tight!

dosh8er
02-10-2003, 08:24 PM
could it be a vacuum leak?

BensAccordLxi
02-11-2003, 02:37 PM
It could be a vacume leak. If you have an aftermarket intake, it could be that. My intake sounds like a blow off valve on a turbo.

A20A1
08-01-2003, 03:17 PM
I say a vacuum leak from the rear intake manifold vacuum ports.

It's a metal tube with 2 ports sticking out of it... one is slightly larger then the other.

Anyways the tube is just pressed into the port at the rear of the intake manifold... once and a while it shakes loose and you need to press it back in... my suggestion is if it's really loose... you might want to epoxy the sucker in there for good.