PDA

View Full Version : A20A3 oil pump screen

Dynamaxx19
05-16-2017, 07:10 PM
I have a 87 honda accord lxi and I have a A20A3. I am looking for a after market oil pump screen that allows for better flow than the OEM one.
Any suggestions?

Oldblueaccord
05-17-2017, 05:38 AM
I have a 87 honda accord lxi and I have a A20A3. I am looking for a after market oil pump screen that allows for better flow than the OEM one.
Any suggestions?

Ok ill bite on this one.

What makes you think the screen is impeding the oil flow to the pump?

Dynamaxx19
05-17-2017, 02:58 PM
I was hoping for a wide area one for more aggressive driving. I notice on my oil pressure gauge when I sling the car a bit it drops from 60 psi to about 40 psi.
I know this is still within spec but i also know that means I am not able to reach as much as I could when the body roll was leveled off.

Dr_Snooz
05-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Ok ill bite on this one.

Yep. It's all you brother! LOL

Oldblueaccord
05-17-2017, 06:18 PM
I was hoping for a wide area one for more aggressive driving. I notice on my oil pressure gauge when I sling the car a bit it drops from 60 psi to about 40 psi.
I know this is still within spec but i also know that means I am not able to reach as much as I could when the body roll was leveled off.

What you want is to look into welding baffles in your oil pan. This will help keep the pick up covered in oil at all times. That a look for what they call a swinging oil pick up.