PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody guess .......

89accordlxi
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
how I did this????
http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/images/closeupchippedrim.jpg
......copy and paste link into address bar..........

If you said 'hit a curb', you are absolutely correct!!!
Plus I totally bent my lower control arm. :burn:
Hopefully it shouldn't cost to much for a used control arm from the junk yard.

Just thought I'd share my bad new.

Thanks for reading

Peace..

89AccordLXI666
02-10-2003, 07:59 PM
theres nuttin there man.... link is no good... :-)

blazin3gen
02-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

89accordlxi
02-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Hmm.. are you guys copying the link address and pasting it into the address bar? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me try something else.

blazin3gen
02-10-2003, 08:39 PM
if i click it it says not available but if i paste it says not found

89accordlxi
02-10-2003, 08:53 PM
ok, give this a try..
http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/chippedrim.html
......copy and paste link into address bar..........

blazin3gen
02-10-2003, 08:55 PM
ahh i see it now fucked up that rim

shepherd79
02-11-2003, 04:16 AM
i would say you hit big hole.

johndej
02-11-2003, 01:20 PM
dude thats just how my hubcap looks now (well, there are more cracks than that). fucking ice, i slid myself into a curb.

PortugalHonda
02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
dude u didnt hit a curb....... you musta hit a curn so big you could cristen a baby in.......

86accord4dr
02-11-2003, 07:15 PM
um yeah for the record the original link does work you just have to add the /images/closeu after tvouthilak and join it with pchippedrim.jpg

that's pretty messed up dude. you just gonna buy a steelie?

89accordlxi
02-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Honest to God, I hit a curb. I was trying to make a right turn but the roads were so dang slick. The car hit at about a 45 degree angle but my front wheels were turned to the right so the rim hit perfectly parallel to the curb. All I heard was a loud pop and the car continued over the curb onto the side walk. I just drove off and didn't bother to stop and check the damage. The car seemed to be driving fine. When I got to work, I looked at the tire and was like, HOLY MOLY. Amazingly enough, I was able to still drive on it. Even going 70 on the interstate it didn't shake or anything. I commute 45 miles to work everyday so a chanced the drive home instead of putting on the spare. I am suprised that the tire could still hold air after all that.

So the last couple of days, I have been trying to replace the lower control arm that got all bent out of shape in the process as well. But, unfortunately, the dang inner bushing bolt is seized to the bushing, so tonight, I am going to try to cut cut the bolt off......If it isn't one thing, its another

In the mean time, I took off the bad rim, replaced it with the rear one and put my 17's on the back. I don't know if I will replace the rim with another stock lxi one or just get some steelies.

anyway, this is becoming a short novel. Thanks for reading.
Peace out..

89accordlxi
02-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Here is a pic of my bent lower control arm. Took about an hour to cut and grind the bolt off. The red lines are just there for reference. http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/bentarm.html
......copy and paste link into address bar.....

But that was the least of my problems. While jacking the car up.... I like to use a brace in the center of the car under the engine...the car jack slipped of the brace and slid right into the radiator and punctured it. So now I'm replacing the radiator. :burn: Plus, while unhooking the hoses and tubes from the radiator, I accidently unscrewed the AC hose that was connected to the condenser because I thouth it was part of the radiator..stupid me!!!...So now I have no freon in my AC and will have to get it recharged.

So I started this project thinking that I was only going to replace a $35 control arm. But it has turned into a $200+ project after radiator and recharging the AC.:mad: :mad:
I'm getting too mad to write anymore. I'm out of here.

peace out