PDA

View Full Version : 3gee Blues

Hondanewb
05-23-2017, 06:00 PM
I come to you all with a heavy heart.

After spending the past three months restoring my 88 LX, a drunk driver decimated my car a few days ago.

Only two days prior to the accident i had finally replaced my timing belt and aligned the flywheel with the cam shaft. Along with a PERFECT valve adjustment. I had this old beast right at 650pms once again. I'm kicking myself in the ass HARD.

I've got a few questions as to what year model preludes can fit an A20A1 into it. And are there any axle spline differences? Luckily the engine/ trans/ and suspension are still 100%.

I'll be searching for an empty LX, Dx, or LXi in the Georgia Florida area, so if anyone knows of anybody trying to get rid of a junk 3gee accord, send them my way!

Dr_Snooz
05-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Moment of silence for another fallen 3g. .................................................. .

Are you going to get any kind of insurance settlement?

Shane86
05-23-2017, 08:44 PM
I come to you all with a heavy heart.

After spending the past three months restoring my 88 LX, a drunk driver decimated my car a few days ago.

Only two days prior to the accident i had finally replaced my timing belt and aligned the flywheel with the cam shaft. Along with a PERFECT valve adjustment. I had this old beast right at 650pms once again. I'm kicking myself in the ass HARD.

I've got a few questions as to what year model preludes can fit an A20A1 into it. And are there any axle spline differences? Luckily the engine/ trans/ and suspension are still 100%.

I'll be searching for an empty LX, Dx, or LXi in the Georgia Florida area, so if anyone knows of anybody trying to get rid of a junk 3gee accord, send them my way!

No !! another man down. Damn man that sucks

Hondanewb
05-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Most definitely, Just have to go through the whole process. Not sure if I'm gonna get anything worth while considering the value for this car is next to nothing. There is hope though! I've already scoped out a few parts preludes and accords. I've fallen too far in love with this car to give up on it. While i have the engine out i plan on digging deep into the internals.

Hondanewb
05-23-2017, 10:05 PM
I just wish i could have shown it off for a bit longer. I had already begun to turn heads with the stock carb alone.

Shane86
05-23-2017, 10:08 PM
84-87 honda prelude. I think

InAccordance
05-24-2017, 12:26 AM
How I felt when I wrecked my 2g prelude... still miss that car :crying:

Oldblueaccord
05-24-2017, 05:18 AM
Ill keep my eyes open for a good shell.

I have been looking for a decent low mileage 3g for about a year here just not really seen anything.

InAccordance
05-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Things are getting hard to find. I got the one I have now out of Christiansburg, VA.

1g and 2g ludes are even worse. Been trying to find a good 2g lude but haven't seen anything in a long time.

Maurice
05-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Sorry dude

Sent from my Infinix_X521 using Tapatalk

Hondanewb
05-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Towed it back to the house today. Looks like the damage may not be as bad as i had thought. With the passenger side headlamp gone i think I may just drop in some rally style headlights. Gonna inspect the fuse box tonight and make sure my radiator is holding fluid properly in the morning.

Dr_Snooz
05-25-2017, 06:56 PM
With it getting so hard to find parts, I'm almost scared to drive mine!