PDA

View Full Version : You know that big plastic cover that runs underneath the front of our cars?

88LX
05-25-2002, 08:49 AM
You know the piece I'm talking about? It goes from one wheel well to the other and goes underneath the radiator and what not? Well, mine was always scraping the ground when I went over a bump in the road, so I took the whole thing off last night.

My question is what purpose did that piece serve? Will it do any harm leaving it off?

PhydeauX
05-25-2002, 09:13 AM
It keeps crap off the engine and helps to draw air through the radiator. If you start running hotter put it back on.

andy

87accordlxi
05-25-2002, 09:19 AM
it also protects the radiator and other underhood parts from rocks and other potentially damaging road debris. put a rock through your radiator and you're in big trouble

accordlx
05-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Get yourself a big piece of flexible sheet metal from Home Depot and rivet that to the worn thru hole if you have one or where it scrapes the ground. This is even better protection than just the plastic piece that originally protected the bottom of your motor. Your engine compartment will stay 100% cleaner with it on also if your car is lowered. I drove my car with mine off and it vaccuumed every little piece of dust and crap right off of the road and deposited it in my engine compartment. My car is pretty low though.

Do like everyone said. Put it back on the car.

Chris :)

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 01:55 PM
it's A SPLASH GUARD ! this plastic thing really saves your engine from different kind of shit ! :D

MIKE

88LX
05-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Okay, okay, it's back on! Thanks guys!!! :)

offthahook
05-25-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
it's A SPLASH GUARD ! this plastic thing really saves your engine from different kind of shit ! :D

MIKE

Yes. It'll protect your oil pan and under engine components from being exposed to crap on the roads.